Hello, I am new here

Greetings! :wave:

As the title states, I just transferred over here on my main Alliance RP character. I don’t really know anyone on this server as I have spent over a decade over on WrA, so it’s been a long time since I transferred servers. I’d like to dive into making friends and possibly finding a guild for Saedre here.

A little bit about Saedre:

Saedre is a Shen’dralar Highborne arcanist from Eldre’Thalas. She’s currently working as the Director to an academic and exploration organization known as the Violet Bastion located within the Redridge Mountains after its founder passed away during the Battle of Lordaeron. I fashion her an instructor of the arcane arts, an artifact savant, and a travel enthusiast as she loves to see the rest of what Azeroth (and beyond) has to offer.

More info on her tumblr here: https://arcanist-starweaver.tumblr.com/

What I’m looking for:

I do write a lot on Tumblr for Saedre and virtually all my characters, so I was wondering where I might find an MG events calendar there (or abroad) and such so I can stay in the loop with them.

In terms of a guild - Saedre would fit in well with fellow scholars and adventurers who like to dig in the dirt for artifacts and such. An academy structure, adventuring structure, and the like would fit her well. I suppose I could see her still holding her title as the director to The Violet Bastion while assisting another organization as well with magical instruction or some type of contract work. Idk - I’m pretty flexible though! ^^

Anyway, I was hoping this wouldn’t be wordy but I suppose it ended up being the case. :sweat_smile: I am looking forward to meeting new faces and possibly connecting with others that made the hop from WrA to MG as well. Any help getting started in the community, where to find events, guilds, etc., - please throw these things at me.

Thanks so much!

6 Likes

waves ridiculously to get your attention, jumping up and down, yelling from a distance. you can’t help but think, please don’t notice me, please don’t notice me

Hiyee! Welcome to MG! I think you will be pleasantly (and maybe horrifically) surprised at what you find here! So, info on to goings on. . . check out this thread and the discord links.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mg-channeldiscord-server-listing-thread/127486
There is a whole slew or RP Events and Event Organizers around, so there is hardly a RP lull. Though Yveti is by noooo means a scholar, she is overly friendly, so if ya need a server guide, there’s definitely better options! LOL, But I will do in a pinch!

Hope that points you in the right direction! Welcome home!
Yay! happy claps

4 Likes

Welcome!! I hope you enjoy your stay on Moon Guard! :smiley:

If you’re looking for a guild, I believe the Modan Co. would fit your needs! I’ve spent months with them and they’re awesome :slight_smile: ! Lots of archaeology and artifacts! Though I’m not sure if they’re recruiting right now.

Lots of luck to you! :smiley:

2 Likes

This is very helpful. Thank you!