Helboar, the Other White Meat

This is in BC Classic.
Helboar, the Other White Meat is now costing 2 meat to purify each attempt.
In addition to competition from other players, you have to get past the drop rate for Tainted Helboar Meat, and the lower drop rate of purification, and use 2 Tainted Meat. Many Helboars have died for half the quest completion.

2 Likes

I’m currently having a similar problem with this quest (and have never had issues on any other character). I picked up the quest, got 2 purified meats almost right off the bat, but then…nothing. After spending about 2 hours purifying meat from boar kills, I decided to drop the quest and pick it back up. Now, no meat is turning into purified. I am wasting way too much time on a quest that looks like will never complete. :frowning:

Can confirm this is happening.

Takes to drop to get an item back. Confusing part is you can use the item with one tainted meat and get nothing all the time.

Never been like this in past / on other characters.

I actually could not use it with less than 2 tainted meat at all. It took me over 20 boars to get enough meat for 3 purified meats, and then I took a break. When I came back later the same/next day, I still needed 2 per cleanse, but had much better luck getting purified and finished the quest in about 20 more minutes.

me too blizz fix this

1 Like

confirmed for me. i can use the purification mixture with 1 meat. it removes the meat and i get nothing from it (no grey no quest item). if i use it with 2 meat it will give me either a grey or a quest item.

this has never been the case in the past.

Confirmed, happening here for me as well.

I’m having the same problem. If I have 2 tainted helboar they are both used, but I can use with one if there aren’t multiples in my bag. If it fails I get toxic helboar meat. If it succeeds I get nothing.

Also experiencing this. Thought I was crazy, then asked around, everyone is seeing it. This bug basically doubles the number of kills required to finish the quest.

They broke this quest trying to fix a bug that they somehow introduced a while back. One day someone realized that the quest no longer required helboar meat so you could stand there all day clicking (or, more likely, a simple bot could) and make about 50g/hr vendoring the bad meats. They fixed that almost immediately, but their “fix” broke the quest and it’s been like that for about a month now. This quest was a PITA when it worked. It is stupid now.

And, they knew it was broken because they increased the drop rate on the meat to 100% to compensate somewhat.

Did this quest for a good 3 hours last night. Didn’t know it was bugged but it explains why it wasn’t working like I remember with the meats just plain disappearing (???) when purifying them, and only some turned into toxic felboar meat.

Avoid this quest unless you really need the cooking recipe from this questline (Buzzard Bites)…