Heirlooms change

The amount of hours and gold I’ve spent over the years collecting each piece for every class and upgrading them, also obtaining the arena master trinket as well and working toward the darkmoon trinket is immense. It was worth it, until Shadowlands where I’m basically getting bent over a barrel.

Rested xp lasting 60% longer… so exciting. 2 - 4 min buff upon levelling, thats huge!

Nah its complete and utter trash.

6 Likes

the stats still increase as you level-up though. it was’nt a complete waste of gold if you hate having to constantly swap gear as you level.

It takes zero seconds to click on the new item in your inventory and wear it. And heirlooms have been worse than most blues for some time now, anyway, and were only worn for the exp bonuses.

At the very least they could add something useful, like a run speed bonus or something.

4 Likes

Guess you should have used those heirlooms some time in the 12 years since they were implemented, eh?

3 Likes

The thing is I hate not getting upgrades, I got the gear to level at a faster pace. Now i’ve gone to all that work for nothing. Would have been better farming and saving the gold for boosting.

So if blizz wiped everyone’s characters, you’d still have the same mindset? “Oh well at least I got 12 years of use out of them!”.

5 Likes

ah well. was just tryin to give you a different angle on the xp-boost goin away. also, i’ve done the same thing buying and boosting looms, so i feel ya. was just tryin to give ya a silver-lining to this issue…

like uh… transmogging looms is still more cost effective than transmogging non-heirlooms again and again. that’s another silver-lining.

Pretty sure their ToS explicitly states they can do this at any time for any reason, so yeah kind of. Fundamentally, it’s a game- regardless of how much time you put into it. When the servers are inevitably shut down, I’ll enjoy seeing the people clamoring for a refund.

1 Like

Yeah its pretty bleak lol. They still retain some usefulness. I think they could do something a bit better though to better match the effort vs reward.

I don’t mind changing them as it is required with the new system. Just match our effort in obtaining them by making them somewhat useful or let me cash them in for gold.

Also why would anyone buy them now? lol they become a wasted asset.

Sure that would be a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

i hear they’re thinking up a new benefit for’em… maybe they’ll give a nice rep-buff on’em? here’s hopin. :slight_smile:

And if you don’t transmog?

I personally have negative zero use for a rep buff on an alt I’m leveling. And if you mean to use at 60 I wouldn’t want to keep a set of looms in my bags to put on for rep or create a set as needed.

then you still don’t need to swap gear while leveling (you can, but you won’t have to).

I’ll admit, the bonuses they have now are pretty lame. An out of combat speed boost would, in my mind, be better than an xp boost seeing as the leveling experience is going to be so fast anyways and the speed boost does translate into faster xp gain (albeit not to the same degree).

I’m not particularly upset about the changes (despite the fact that I dumped a ton of gold on heirlooms mere weeks before the announcement :confused:) but making them better than the random quest rewards you get, along with the possibility of some other sort of benefit, would be nice. I’ll probably still use them regardless of what happens though just because they’re convenient.

That’s largely irrelevant to me, like bro above said that would take 2 seconds, with pawn telling me whether or not it’s an upgrade before even needing to look at it.

pretty sure the reason we’re seeing these threads, is because they already announced the “new benefit”

The only use they will be now is save money on mogs for those slots. Unless you get a blue drop for the same slot.

Is that really what they are offering in return? It feels like a joke, not sure if serious.

Yeah it is, also to get those effects you need 6 piece set of heirloom gear. It’s so weak. They might as well just delete them and refund gold.

I personally don’t mind it, and I’d probably keep my heirlooms, but I think they should give people the chance to resell their upgraded heirlooms back to the vendor for their gold back.

Yeah, I agree that the set bonuses should be a little more… well, less boring.