Heartstop Aura removed 9.1

Opinion/Biased Rant:

This PvP talent being removed blows my mind. All these classes that are meta get no changes (except fire mage) and they remove one of frost dk’s best PvP talent. Let’s talk about DH’s The Hunt crit-ing for like 50% of someone’s health, probably more. Like of all the PvP changes that could be made to any class this is the most bonkers in my opinion. “Convoke: allow full moons? Abso-frickin-lutely. The hunt: let it hit for half+ a players health? Seems fine to me. Heartstop aura: Nerf it? Nah just delete it from the game.“

It really makes no sense to me. How is that talent what gets removed— altered even? Like I would understand making it an on use ability with a CD or something— but removing it seems so uninformed. It’s literally one of very few reasons the spec is viable for PvP at all and a must for playing against casters to stand a chance. This replacement talent, shroud of winter or whatever, seems okay but it would much better be an additional honor talent rather than a replacement.

Tl;dr: Rant: DK main is mad that DK is changed in PvP while more “broken” classes remain OP.

9 Likes

Leave the Hunt out of this…its all we got.

5 Likes

While I, too, am irritated that Heart Stop was removed - especially since FDK got nerf attention before Rets or Arms in this initial build - The hope is that this’ll now allow blizzard to give FDK’s more power either through utility or damage. Maybe we’ll get a baseline MS or Execute? That’d be sweet.

If they just remove Heart Stop and leave us as is, that’ll be very bad for the spec. It wouldn’t make much sense, either. However Blizzard has made plenty of idiotic balancing decisions in the past, so…

7 Likes

NO

NERF DHS! D:<

THIS IS A COMPLETE SENTENCE BLIZZ.
THIS IS A COMPLETE SENTENCE BLIZZ.
LET ME MEME ON THE DH.

bliZZARD PLS!

And balance druids got some buffs… I guess one-shotting people wasn’t enough… I understand more and more why a lot of former Blizzard employees are fleeing the company…

3 Likes

I’d bank on this, as well as another nerf to Unholy. I do not want that but that seems to be the trend with this team.

2 Likes