Hearth of Azeroth Cap at 50 until 8.2

So those farming AP hard stop wasting your time, everyone will get there eventually.

1 Like

Why? If they want to farm it there’s no harm in that. And is there a source for this?

I’m barely breaking 30, I think I’ll manage.

1 Like

World first race.

It is the most obvious time-gate of all time, not sure why people grind it for the minimal benefit for only a few weeks over not grinding it.

Now grinding Residuum now for faster gear? That makes sense to me.

3 Likes

You apparently haven’t read the residuum changes. 10 fold increases in price, nixes any hope of saving.

haha right, I haven’t been on top of it since I wasn’t doing that. So players work hard to get Residuum and Blizzard decides to punish them for playing so much. GG Bliz.

Yeah I notice that neck on speed drive. My mains was respectively 28/27/26/30/27. Now they all at level 33. That 33 is pretty much dead end. can not move it at all stuck mostly at 12%.

I’d rather put in a little more work so traits on a 400 are all useable week 1.

No one is being punished.

Not that I really care since I’m well below 50, but weren’t we told on multiple occasions that the HoA would not have a hard cap and would only be limited only by ever increasing level requirement increases?

Why should we believe anything Blizzard says anymore?

Yeah Blizzard announced new items would cost 10X more before the Residuum system even launched.

That was 100% expected. By literally anyone that thought about it. You also will be getting 10x more residuum earned.

Its almost like scrapping season 1 items were designed to purchase season 1 items, and scrapping season 2 items were designed to purchase season 2 items.

That is not a punishment. You can still get a leg up on getting your first item.

Prices and scrapping rewards will be generally tripling every 15 ilvls.

Artifact knowledge will stop again after 10 weeks. Level 50 will still take a considerable amount of AP to get to.

Farming AP is a rather efficient waste of your time, if such things are important to you. Otherwise, yes, you can waste your time doing something else.

I don’t think a 10x multiplier is going to be enough of a deterrent. Some of the Method guys are going to be able to buy one or two 415 tokens right off the bat(though they won’t be able to target specific pieces) and that’s just after 1 month of farming a single raid.

Also most of the World First raiders that I’ve heard comment on it hate the system because they feel forced to abuse it in order to stay competitive.

To be fair, the random pieces are a much better deal than the specific ones.

Without putting much work into it, I will be very close to getting my first random 415 after the first week or two of raids. Depending on how lucky I get.

Pretty sure that was before they decided to completely revamp the system in 8.2

World first raiders did the same thing with AP last xpac. They represent 0.01% of the population and they always abuse whatever they can to stay competitive. That alone does not mean the system is bad or broken.