Hear me out: re-enable Classic Era character cloning

As Classic Era continues to grow in popularity, not only among HC players but also with normal players as seen on Whitemane, it is clear that character cloning would be a huge win for everyone. Right now, as we are in a bit of a mid-phase drought in WotLK, it would be best for Blizzard to re-open the cloning service now. If the Era servers are doing remotely well right now, just imagine what they may look like if Blizzard opens character cloning! Collectors and casuals won’t have to re-earn everything they did back during Classic. As per the actual data for the clones, it is probable that Blizzard still has that data somewhere in their systems.

In addition to this, Classic Era servers are possibly the brightest future for Classic. Considering Cataclysm’s controversy, Classic Era could be the stem for: A) Classic+ servers, B) Classic Fresh servers, or C) TBC / TBC fresh servers.

Make hay while the sun shines.

56 Likes

This this this this this

13 Likes

A paid clone is very reasonable. Don’t know why blizzard wouldn’t do it.

18 Likes

you had yer chance
time to relevel

6 Likes

Knew there would be at least one person who got the clone a while back and is now gatekeeping it from everyone else…

15 Likes

Yes. I have 3 toons i would clone immediately.

12 Likes

Yea please!

8 Likes

plz ftlog blizz take my money!

3 Likes

I like that people have to relevel. It makes the world feel alive. No character cloning please.

8 Likes

can they make it free? They already charge $25 for race change.

1 Like

No, its more than one. Hello.

You had your chance and you chose wrong. Now get leveling, those copies are literally gone.

4 Likes

Yeah, I wanna go back to playing Classic and not being forced involuntarily into WotLK.

3 Likes

While it would have made sense for them financially in retrospect to continue cloning until icc was out there was no way of telling which trip the nostalgia drug will give us. In the meantime you might have to buy carries and stockades and rfc are both easy to get a boost in.

Too late, there are already clones on Era. You’ve also got lvl 60 SoM characters who recently transferred to Era. Let’s delete all the toons that didn’t level specifically on Era, it’ll make the world feel more lively!

Cool, more botting for RMT!

3 Likes

Asking for clones is not about leveling. I for one want it because I have characters that have achieved more than most people are even able to achieve at this phase of the game like ranking and naxx gear. I want to clone them. I have no gripes with leveling. Happened to take a break and missed the clone window, it’s not in the spirit of the game to have your character gone from under you.

10 Likes

Bumperinos el serviceo

2 Likes

I logged on and was sad to find this wasn’t a thing anymore.

I want to play classic end game again and was sad to find I had no characters.

7 Likes

You have characters, they’re just in Wrath of the Lich King.

The automatically transferred everyone’s characters there.

Seems like a fair ask, bring those chars back to existing era servers after making new servers so fresh 60s don’t have to deal with more phase 5/6 geared players :rofl:

Forcing people to relevel is the way to go. Nobody is gonna level properly if you dont. A huge portion of people are already boosting and the influx of level capped and geared players is huge coming from the SoM servers. We need more levelers, plain and simple.

1 Like