Healing Log

So tonight I was asked to heal a boss in Heroic tonight. So far I have only healed first boss in normal. Could anyone look at the logs to tell me what I can focus on as I plan to start healing more now? I feel like I did someone decent but I would assume I need to use primordial Wave more

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8AgXnwqPcKMmRJhC#fight=21&type=healing

Then I also have my Normal Shriekwing Fight
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RvPtHnYFhk17jMGV#fight=1&type=healing

It looks like you were healing Sun King based on the log you linked. Like you mentioned, Primordial Wave casts I didn’t see on your casted abilities (might have just missed it).

You didn’t do to bad for your item level especially considering your talent setup for the fight. Sun King is a unique boss to heal for Shamans in Castle Nathria and is probably the one that favors us the most.

For talents on Sun King we take ‘Undulation’ from the first row, ‘Deluge’ from the second row and ‘Ascendance’ from the last row. Pretty much all the talents that buff our single target healing and make it bursty.

Typically what you want when healing Sun King is largely tied to your opener:

1. Cast on yourself any trinket/potion buffs with pull
  2. Cast Earth Shield on Kael’Thas
  3. Cast Riptide and keep it always ticking on Kael’Thas
  4. Drop Cloudburst to buff your next 3 single target healing spells (soulbind)
  5. Pop Ascendance and just spam Healing Surge on Kael’Thas, making sure you always have a Riptide ticking on him for the 20% healing buff
  6. Drop Healing Tide and Mana Tide totems as your spamming Kael’Thas but make sure you don’t waste Ascendance uptime with GCDs

If your raid is smart they will buff you with Power Infusion and Innervate especially at the start when you have Ascendance up. Resto Shaman gains more from buffs on this fight then any other healer, especially at the beginning. Reason being is the boss starts at 10% HP and is low for a little while. Our Mastery can kick in and really pull some good numbers.