Healing is suddenly weak

I’m new to holy priest and the first 2 dungeons went great. I have vudu and addons for incoming mechanics. I use mouseover macros on all my healing and shields. In this third dungeon, I got in while it was in progress and start healing the tank. His health is dropping harder than the other tanks I’ve seen and its just one mob pack. Shields I put on him are gone instantly or don’t show up. My heals are weak af. Was his armor trashed or is it a scaling problem?

did you forget to unequip your fishing pole?

1 Like

All of what you’re saying can be chucked up to you’re doing low level dungeons. He could have just tried tanking, broken gear, bad gear, not paying attention, scaling, anything…

1 Like

Wouldn’t worry about it man. Wonky things happen with group scaling during levelling. Just keep at it. All tuning curves are meant to converge at max level. Levelling to 50 goes by quick in random dungeons, as well as picking up gear.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I think it was my staff lol I was down massively on intellect cause I equipped a new one that had no intellect XD

1 Like

Meh, some tanks are horrible. This is why you do this: Expect the worst. And if you are leveling your toon and healing dungeons for that do this: Enchant a set of BOA gear. Get set gear as you level (it’s uber) and enchant it as well. Then you can have an easy go of leveling your disc priest. And it is also a great way to learn your rotations, and how to do it.

IDK about all this, if they are heirlooms then sure but just any gear you get from a dungeon seems like a waste of gold and time going to the AH to get them.

1 Like

Also I suggest dont try healing as Disc in dungeon while lvling cause due to the Lvl squish and lvl imbalance your healing due to atonemant will be wrong.

Like if your tank is lvl 49 and you 19 your atonemant will heal him for around 25-50 i’d say but it wont convert into % of his hp like it should it will actually heal of 25-50 so mob will over dmg your healing and u wont like Disc while its not a good representation of healing as Disc

1 Like

Well, Idk. But I have levelled five or six disc priests in the last year or two using my recommended method and learned a ton doing so. I levelled another with all enchanted gear at BGs and it was also a blast. And setting up Grid2 along the way worked well for me.

If you don’t want to pay for enchanting mats, it’s up to you, but if I don’t have an enchanter on X server then I simply make one–and why not it the disc priest you level?! Make your toon a tailor/enchanter and you can d/e to your heart’s content and even make your own cloth set gear–which quite frankly is super OP for leveling. Most cloth mats on the AHs I check sell dirt cheap–almost being given away.