Healing in RBGs Help

Any advice or links for healing in RBGs out there? Most of the stuff I see is for arena focused and I’m not into the 3v3 game.

I just leveled my shaman and want to take him the PVP route.

Make sure you got 3-4 riptides rolling. Make sure you have your earth shield on a melee or someone getting targeted. If necro, look for big healing waves off primordial with swirling currents + unleash life. If you use tidebringer, make sure to use the stacks as they come up. Try to use your hex often on enemy healers or dps that are chasing down other healers. Throw frost shock on all the melees. Look for good opportunities for earthgrab/cap totem combo. Drop earthbind as much as possible to allow you and other to kite. Look for opportunities to help dps kill healers with purge spam/windshear. Be aware for good grounding/tremor moments (e.g. you see a warrior jump into a group or you see a cyclone coming out). For general healing, use healing wave. For oh crap moments, use healing surge after a riptide. Cycle cooldowns but dont be afraid to pop them quick. I’d say astral shift and earthen wall totem are your go-to’s while ascendance and spirit link are for emergencies.

EDIT: I don’t think that my advice is super RBG specific. I think that arena healing guides will help you start in the right direction of what you should be doing as a resto shaman like healing ability combos, cc’s, cooldowns, etc. All of this stuff applies in the rbg context equally. I would recommend Cdew’s resto guide on his youtube channel. As you watch go through all of the abilities, talents, soulbinds mentioned and read them. I find that reading them carefully helps me understand when and how to use them better.

EDIT 2: In terms of resto sham in rbgs, you’re role is mostly as an off healer. They aren’t as desired as hpals or disc priests. Plenty of groups run without them at all and instead opt for 2 hpals or 2 discs instead. You don’t have the damage that the hpals or discs have either, but you bring a lot of utility like windshear, slows, hex, purge. I see myself as an offense support more than anything and try as much to help set my offense up with opportunities to drop enemies while keeping my team up.

3 Likes

Super helpful. Thanks