Healing in PvP is so frustrating

There is just so much CC. On top of all the CC that melee have to deal with, you also have to deal with every single character having an interrupt on a ridiculously short cool-down, spell push-back, blanket silences, knock-backs (which interrupt spell casts), and Deathgrips (which interrupt spell casts). The reason healers are thought of as OP is because they absolutely have to be OP in order to be able to do anything at all.

Yes yes, I know, teammates are supposed to peel. Except 99% of the wow population doesn’t even know how to do that, if they even understand the concept at all.

This is also one of the reasons that Resto Druids are always the best healing class. They can’t be locked down and don’t really ever have to cast.

7 Likes

yeah, its silly as a healer . im lvling up 110-119 BG everyother hunter, rogue, or caster feels like a twink,i will see certain classes just melt people faster then heals can go out or the all combined dmg and burst is too much for that level.

i just find it funny or interesting, get hit twice almost dead.

1 Like

It’s not possible to level in the 110-119 bracket considering 110 and 111-119 are separate brackets.

So play a resto druid?

I find that a team that has 2 or more skilled healers that cross heal each other, healers can do OK. I understand healers complaining they don’t get peels, but I hope they also remember that DPS needs to be pretty focused on the enemy healers. Also that some specs/classes are way better at peeling than others. I don’t even remember the last time I saw a friendly mage sheep anyone in a BG, for example. lol

1 Like

Always makes me giggle seeing healers complain when they are the most broken overpowered they have been in 4 expansions

Along with the mass exodus of Alliance to Horde, I’m happy to report that you also inherited the thousands of reasons I stopped healing in battlegrounds.

2 Likes

Spoken like a player who’s never healed, if you think healers weren’t much stronger in Cata and MoP.

4 Likes

Why is their an exodus to Horde? Perhaps this explains why Horde rarely wins when I play my lower levels. Horde used to always win.

1 Like

Healing in PvP is annoying because
-your team is dumb.
-enemy team mongos people down in 2 seconds.
-healers oom in 1 minute.
-some healers cant even give big mongo heals to save from big mongo damage.
-you arent playing your class right.
-learn to juke kicks
-dodge traps
-LoS enemies but not your team (your positioning is buns)

Yeah figures. Rogues have always tended to be the idiots of wow.

From what I remember all the way up to this xpac PVP was fairly balanced. I have not played the full l duration of any xpac (with exception of MoP) since Cataclysm dropped start to finish so someone with more consistent subscriptions might be able to answer you better.

In my limited experience the whole Alliance infighting started fairly recently, “You guys suck, I’m switching to horde” and the response always being, “See ya, bye!”

By “recently” I mean within this or the most previous xpacs. I always dismissed it as younger players who started playing the game after it became less complex and easier to obtain rewards being impatient and wanting to be rewarded for doing very little.

I think the outcome was a positive one for them because usually when people on the losing end of the game want to succeed and are given a hand up, the potential for success increases exponentially.

–editing in: I think on the opposite side of getting a hand up is resignation.

I agree. The state of CC is beyond insane at the moment, I feel. Each class has a billion CC’s. Each CC lasts in most cases 5 to 6 seconds. Many last even longer than that. All CCs are on incredibly low cds and some are spammable. All cost little or nothing in resources. Many are not removable by the medallion despite the fact that the medallion says it removes all CCs. This would all not be a problem if the damage was not so incredibly high for players that are geared especially against players that aren’t. Diminished returns feel like they are absolutely pointless.

People that jump my resto druid always cast their CC’s first, ALWAYS. They usually follow it up with a second CC and a third before finishing with a fourth. The funniest thing happens when I get jumped by more than one person. All start instantly casting their CC, despite the fact that I usually already have one active on me. Its just their rotation. There is no thought to it. There are so many CCs separated into so many different categories and they all last so long and the medallion is so bad and diminished returns are so pointless and players die so fast that peeps don’t care spamming CC’s on top of other CC’s. Its, I don’t know, what’s the word?, all very herp derp…

On rdruid I never cast anything when I am being attacked unless I have no other option because I know I will get penalised for it every time I try because each class has at least one or two interrupts…so casting is inviting players to shut you down even longer. I really feel sorry for healing classes that rely more heavily on casts. I don’t know how they do it. Its just impossible.

Nobody ever peels in bgs. Its just not practical. If they focus on peeling dps off healers the other team’s healers are going to get away with healing those dps…peeling is not practical at all.