Healing Hunter Pets?

yes, it’s situational. The pet is the lowest priority and that means sometimes I’ll heal it and sometimes I’ll let it die. If it gets tough the pet will be the last thing I heal and if it’s too tough I might not heal it at all.

1 Like

The pet should always be buffed with blessing of might and healed, yes. If you let the pets die or don’t buff them, you are just slowing down your raid and being less efficient. With the minimal difficulty and raid damage people should take in molten core and BWL, no reason not to heal them as otherwise you probably have almost nothing to heal. If your raid is constantly taking massive damage they are standing in avoidable mechanics.

tell him he nor his pet are healing prio

1 Like

Read shaka’s post, idiot.

wrong. mending pet is such a massive dps loss that it’s better to just let your pet die. healers should, and can, be healing pets. the only fight i can think of where it’s not terrible for a hunter to heal his own pet is firemaw since the hunter himself has downtime & is free to bandage or mend

1 Like

Obviously you don’t mend a pet during a boss fight? Lmao that should go without saying

? then why are you saying he should mend & micro pet better

2 Likes

What’s the downside of mending a pet after a pull or boss fight if needed? Pretty obvious you shouldn’t mend pet during a boss fight? Trash and between pulls, sure who cares

your pet doesnt need healing between pulls lol, he’s not going to die to firemaws aoe when you’re not in combat

2 Likes

Kek, that hunter must be crazy for demanding heals on his pet. Even with 5/8 T1 and high fire resist my pet still dies on most fights. The buffing I understand, then the pet may last a bit longer.

If your healers have no one else to heal, sure toss a hot on it. Hunter pets do some dps but its not worth letting a raid member die over.

1 Like

your healers are just bad then straight up. healing in vanilla in the vast majority of fights is so easy that if your job isn’t to just spam heals on the tanks, you’re sniping the raid dmg that comes in with every other healer. hunter pets are 100% healable on basically every fight and any healer that wants to parse IS healing pets

1 Like

A healer does more damage with their spare mana than a pet does. Any fight where a pet requires more healing than judgement of light, is a fight where the correct move is to just let the pet die.

2 Likes

if your healers are spending aany real portion of the fight dpsing then you have too many healers

2 Likes

If the raid leader or the healing class lead says ‘heal the pet’, heal the pet. If only the hunter says ‘heal my pet’, follow your raid leader or healing class leader’s direction.

(As a priest in TBC, I did tend to heal pets in combat IF my primary assigned targets were fine and mana was not an issue. However, the most likely time a pet would take damage was when the damage was raid-wide or melee-specific, and that meant other healing targets take priority.)

I’ll break it down for ya

Healer priority:

Highest: Heal Themselves
High: Heal their heal assignment
Medium: Heal raid members outside their heal assignment.
Low: DPS the Boss
Lowest: Heal hunter pet

As you can see from the flow chart, you never reach a state where you heal the hunter pet because you spend all your mana healing the raid or dpsing first.

I might bandage your pet to lol on the parse once I’m out of mana tho.

1 Like

ok compare your parses to mine. maybe in YOUR guild, you are spending all the time healing players because the healers & the dps are bad at their job. in a good guild (like mine) the healers are bored out of their minds 99% of the time cause there’s literally nothing to do. it costs 1 gcd to put a rejuv, renew, flash of light on the pet. ur bad if you disagree

3 Likes

Checked: Your pet does between 90 and 110 dps usually.

My resto druid puts about 130. Yep. Not spending mana on your pet. I use the term “Resto” loosely. I wear much spellpower gear.

2 Likes

If the players aren’t taking damage and your healers have nothing to do why is the pet taking so much damage that it needs healing?

1 Like

grobbulus blue parser is wrong and dumb. who could have guessed. bring less healers & your healers wont feel compelled to dps lol

If the players aren’t taking damage and your healers have nothing to do why is the pet taking so much damage that it needs healing?

because pets are stupid in vanilla & are robots so they can’t just “dodge” mechanics. they are idiots that afk attack the boss and you can’t just sidestep the fire on the floor like a player can. repositioning your pet is a huge headache for hunters

I parse blue now? Moving up. I thought this char was still green.

Enjoy feeding your pet to get his happiness back while I’m over here dropping fat starfires.

4 Likes