Healing bears sucks

I struggle healing bears, no matter what healing class I’m on. My main is a paladin but I also heal on a holy priest, resto drood, and resto shaman. I’ve run with some awesome bears where I don’t have this issue and they’re great tanks, but dungeon after dungeon I run with bears that get hit like they paid for it. I run out of mana like crazy and I’m told that it’s all my fault. I heal other classes just fine so I don’t know why bears are so much different.

What do you do to heals bears and not go OOM every fourth pull?

1 Like

… why did you post this twice?

:thinking:

Bear is very tanky. Some guys may be trying the dmg leggo over UFR. Last week dmg leggo was fine, but this week UFR is our only defense to necrotic.

If its not that what level are you running? Outside of incarn bear does feel a bit more squishy than my main m+ tank, prot pally.

1 Like

Step 1: Make sure they have Ironfur conveniently located on their bars?

1 Like

Sounds like you are just getting a string of players who don’t manage their CDs and shift all the responsibility onto the healer. Depending on what healing unit frame addon you use you can track their defensive CDs and see if they are using them or not, if they aren’t call them out on it.

1 Like

This week you want to heal a kyrian protection paladin. They have all the talents available to negate necrotic. If necrotic stacks too high you can’t heal any tank. I never run out of mana.

I’m very annoyed how squishy bears feel compared to Prot pallies or warriors. Spell damage especially rocks them, but if the druid isn’t managing their cooldowns, they can get one shot too freaking easily.

Plus, this expansion seemed to REALLY love throwing bleeds on tanks, and bears seem to lack some of the mitigation other tank classes had.

1 Like

I’m trying a bear tank alt and I seem to have the problem of not being able to generating rage fast enough to keep up enough stacks of ironfur and I feel like I’m constantly spamming frenzy regen. To the point where I don’t have the charges available when I need it.

Pretty sure I’m doing it wrong, but that how it feels right now.

1 Like

Found the OP’s problem ^^

Some tanks think that Ironfur is a defensive cooldown only to be used on big hits or struggle with rage generation to keep it up. I can tell you that I have 97% uptime on ironfur and when I pull groups as small as 4-5 I will have 3-4 stacks of ironfur.

Check details for ironfur buff uptime for bears (97%)

2 Likes

Maybe that’s the issue. I was futzing around on my druid alt, and had a similar problem.

That was a great answer. Thank you for letting me know!!! I didn’t know I could see whether they were using their CD’s.

Ironfur could really use an animated aura that grows bigger with more stacks, both to incentivize people to use it more and for other people to easily see how tanky he is

I know it has an animation already but it’s pretty small

2 Likes

Yeah, if you use healbot it automatically tracks it for you. It also monitors mythic affixes such as necrotic and bursting, which is extra nice.