Healers should switch to druid

they why respond other than to be inflammatory or contrarian.

Because your entire point is to try and convince the entire community to abandon the class en masse. You are specifically going after other people to do so.

1 Like

No, my entire point is that is what it would take for real fixes. I’m certain the class and spec will continue to limp along for at least one more xpac before people completely abandon it. And unlike survival, which was good till they changed it in wod, there isnt that much to revert to for monks because it doesnt work with the current content that well. MW is a just a cobblestone road trying to make it work.

3 Likes

To the haters: the proof is in the pudding. You might not think the top 500 mythic+ healer ratings matter but they indicate a clear imbalance. Plain and simple. The numbers simply do not lie and anything psychological theory you try to extrapolate from them is opinion – interesting but irrelevant.

To the others: It is not my place to tell Blizzard how to do their job. I’m simply observing. I find monk fun. I always have worked around the crap. I’ll admit, this new aoe heal is better than I thought, even with the cast time. Its weird that our heals are random and do not prefer low health players. I was able to push higher already yesterday but that is likely due to the affixes being easier on healers and everyone getting better gear in general as time progresses. I’ll keep experimenting but for now stand by the original assertion: if you plan to invest time and money into a healing class strongly consider Druid or you might land yourself in a spot like I am in.

I want a healer than can keep a group up even when they make some mistakes. That means that if the group is making mistakes and I’m busting my bum to save them I mana out. In this season’s iteration, I bust my bum, mana out wearing approx. 400 ilvl gear in a dungeon that rewards 392 gear, and dps still drop like flies on every significant pull. That doesn’t feel good and we can see that based on the population and statistics.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing a “caster” build since I picked up monk. It’s always been on the mana intensive side but in this talent tree they give plenty of options to mitigate that a bit. Like I said earlier, I’m just getting ready to push into +15s and so far on average I’ve had to sit maybe 2 times per run and that’s not an every run occurrence. If you are going oom multiple times per run I’d start looking at the dps.

Yes, mistakes happen, but it sounds like the dps in your groups are taking way more avoidable damage than they should be and/or not using their defensive abilities to compensate.

I use OmniCD so I can see the parties major cooldowns. If a rogue goes through an entire dungeon and never once uses cloak or evasion but then wants to complain about my heals, I’m gonna say something. If the addon shows me that no one is using their interrupts, I’m gonna say something.

Bottom line, for me, I don’t care what the data says. I am going to play what is fun for me bc I will be a better healer for it vs playing a spec I don’t enjoy. Even if that other spec is S tier.

3 Likes

This is probably how you should have phrased your original sentiments to begin with. You’re not wrong - but the original post was kinda troll-y and not really helpful.

I do understand being frustrated though. Even the buffs yesterday resulted in some hilariously bad bugs that really should have been seen if the devs were that concerned about the spec. And yes - I would also advise anyone thinking of playing MW at this point that they are super fun but to keep a geared alt in case of burn out or busted-ness.

This is more of a group not doing the mechanics issue from the sounds of it. Any healer would struggle with that, especially at higher levels where mistakes mean wipes anyways on any healer. But do run off to fotm and see how that works for you , I hear R druid have it easier with just spamming rejuv and convoke. It might be more up your alley if you ant figure out MW or arent having fun.

Strawman all you want, monk isnt popular but we are very much so viable.

Please do us all a favor and take your own advice and just move on to an easier healer.

1 Like

This. Even the FotM healers cant cover for major mistakes on high m+ and OP will have to figure it out the hard way it seems. What they described isnt even a healer issue, it’s more of their group not doing mechanics. Id be willing to bet OP just sat there too with their stun and interrupt + RoP unused most of the time too. Then they come here to complain about the class. Kinda silly.

On another note, I’m loving Sheilun’s Gift. At 10 stacks I’m getting minimum 86k heals and at max 118k. It’s like a mini CD, it’s great.

2 Likes

Most definitely! I love using it with 8-10 stacks as a cooldown on it’s own, then Ill use it again when I revival for the next big damage, even with one stack you can still buff revival quite a bit if you have the 1.5-2 sec to get it off before damage, not that we need it in m+ because the +100% buff to revival in dungeons feels soo good!

Honestly even popping it around 5-6 stacks feels good with enough mastery and if “save them all” kicks in.

Im glad MW got some love

1 Like

Oh me too. I don’t know if it’s enough to sway the fistweavers but I’m loving it.

I found it so hilarious that you are bringing up io that I just had to sign in to the forum for the first time. You are 1881 io score talking about the the top 0.1%. just stop dawg. Take a good hard look at yourself and just focus on that, because you aren’t good. This is literally my second xpac ever being played first time ever playing WW and I just facepalm when I read these forums and people like you are so sure of yourself and your “ideas”. Half the people complaining havent even timed a m+16 all y’all are doing is parroting whatever you heard some streamer say

1 Like

ww? Are u smooth brained? This is a healing chat. And im 2k+ for weeks. Ive plateaued at healing 15s. Go back to your main you farse.

As someone who came from a resto druid…

The grass isn’t as green as you might think on the other side. Not saying rdruid is bad, but they do have their issues.

The big one is after the talent changes/nerfs you have to choose between dps and hps, they don’t come together like monk/evoker/shammy/pally. Sure you can go the standard M+ swarm/convoke, but you’ll find your hps falling off in high end content. OTOH you can go a full raid/rejuv build, and it works really well in M+ with top end hps (right up there with hpriest) but you’ll have terrible dps. You can no longer have both. So the nerf was much larger than people realize…

Also druids have mana issues. It’s not bad if you pick the lower hps swarm/convoke build and pack a few pots, but if you go full hps rejuv build you’re like a mana sieve, and with M+ timers stopping to drink isn’t an option.

OTOH monk has a few advantages.

Dps comes with hps, built right into the kit. I think monk dps is a bit low, but I still feel it’s in a better spot than druids. You’re not wasting GCDs swapping forms to stack bleeds, you’re not wasting GCDs/mana casting moonfire/sunfire, and you’re not wasting talent points getting dps talents.

A reliable stun and interrupt is wonderful in high end content. Yes dps SHOULD do it for you… but having 1 extra to throw into the mix is a god-send at times.

The big difference is that monk has pretty much a single ‘gear’. I can pretty much go endlessly without stop, without looking at my mana, just rotating in CDs as needed. My druid has a harder time keeping up hps, dps, and mana under ‘normal’ conditions. OTOH my druid has a ‘high gear’ that my monk just doesn’t have.

Also druid mastery is really nice, monk mastery is crap.

IMHO they just need to fix a few rough edges and monk will be a in a nice spot. And I’m ok if FW is always a niche build, then it’s less likely to get nerfed into the ground.

1 Like