Healers are stupidly OP

I’m ALL FOR giving healers more survivability but it is absolutely stupid and completely UNFUN when it takes like 4 people to completely focus a healer for them to die.

It’s impossible to be OOM anymore unless you are completely trash or severely undergeared and every class now has 30 different shields and these two things together make fighting a healer an absolute nightmare and a headache, and it’s literally 10x worse in Arenas.

Who thought this was a good idea? I don’t want healers to be squishy and one shottable but the fact that it takes the effort of like 3-4 people to take one out is dumb asf

26 Likes

Learn to play bb

8 Likes

says the healer that sucks at PVP so he benefits from being literally unkillable

No, it doesn’t. For sure two decent players can take a decent healer down over a short period of time. One player is enough to completely inhibit their ability to keep their team alive.

That’s worse in arena? Where dampening exists?

3 Likes

He didn’t say worse he said 10x worse

I agree with the OP to a certain extent. Some healers have become damn near immortal between passive DR, strong mobility, instant casts, and uninterruptible casts. Ghost Wolf never ceases to annoy me.

In a similar vein, not having such hard targets to bust in PvP like really tanky healers or tanks that don’t know when to die would make abilities like gpyro not as needed to be in the game.

4 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Psst can be dispelled

Which ones?

Only consistently by shamans and priests (i think). DH can throw one in every 10 sec and belves can torrent, but that’s like draining the ocean with a plastic straw.

Rdruids and Rshams that play the kite game till the heat death of the universe, and hpals.

What makes them “damn near immortal”

You have enough Mobility to stay on them

Ghost Wolf. Frequent instant heals that also double has a light HoT. Interrupt immunity.

Both can be dispelled

Can be stunned cc and on a timer

What comp are you running or you talking random

Effectively by shamans and priests. There’s no way for most classes to shut them out of it permanently.

While I agree with this point, I also have to save my ccs for kills.

In general.

In 3 we are nowhere near immortal

We’re usually the kill target

In random bg we can be helpful but again we need heals to survive it 2 DPS are on us

In rated no idea never played Shamans for rated bg

Me in case you’re wondering were I am coming from

Oh i know that. I’ve done my fair share of 3s this expac and in previous ones. In my experience, I’ve found healers to be far harder to kill this xpac (though i play WW so that might lend some explanation to that) unless there are some fat nukes incoming like gpyros or CBs.

Respectfully, i disagree. Literally spent the first 2-3 minutes of a Twin Peaks chasing an RSham across the damn map with a geared Fury War and the dude didn’t die and we barely scratched his mana. I’ve had similar experiences with RDruids as well.

Not going lie, in randoms, it is easier to survive being chased but I have been killed hard by DH, Fury warrior , & priest chasing me if they do connect for any extended period I am dead

It’s map choice really

Much easier to kill me in the mines and smaller maps

Now druid well that’s different
Yeah druid is very fun for a healer

My gripe is the wording of damn near immortal

What makes them ‘damn near immortal’

Not to be toxic my man but have you been playing any WoW at all lately? Rdruids are a massive slag to kill, the minute they get low or close to low they can switch to bear form while their HoT’s keep them up and have a lot of mobility and stuns.

Holy Paladins are probably the worst though. I’m a Paladin so I know how annoying we can be, but I honestly just want to play another game when I’m trying to kill an hpaladin and not only does he have a million bubbles, but if its a human pally, he has two ways to get out of stuns, decent heals that can be popped off quick, and LoH. Not to mention BoF and their stuns and slows on top of all this.

Seems I’ve played more than you but anyways

My issue was placing RShamans in the damn near immortal bracket

I doubt that, but anyways, yes I do agree with you. Rshamans are the easiest healer to kill in my experience, practically everything else maybe with the exceptions of Monks are just annoying as hell

Holy pally doesn’t have any slows, and has a single stun.