Healers and defense cd

Can holy priests get some kind of defense please that’s castable? Can all healers have some kind of defense like this? I’m talking about the healing classes that don’t)

Thank you :heart:

5 Likes

Im sure HPals have enough defense lol.

I dont know enough about the otehrs

Yeah but I’m talking about all classes though. Sure druids and h pallys are fine but what about monks and holy priests?
Idk about shammys

Yeah i was just nitpicking.

I really think the game could do better with balance.

1 Like

Agreed, I think classes should be inches apart in balance not whole miles

1 Like

I would love for my monk to have more defensive skills. I had a dh doing 70% oh her health at once. Good thing I used my life cocoon and had my shield trinket on.

1 Like

I just want a equally fair toolkit for each class

1 Like

100% agree with you! Like I understand classes having strengths and weaknesses, but some classes just feel too strong compared to others.

1 Like

Yeah it just sucks that I have literally no castable defense cd and I’m healing high keys on tyrannical. I’m focusing on healing myself more than everyone else :confused:

Don’t holy priests get like 30% dmg reduction if they get hit twice?

2 Likes

Yes but, I don’t think I’ve seen that on a boss

Ah right, I think only melee hits trigger that, huh?

It’s possible, I’ve only seen it from getting directly attacked by adds

1 Like

You get passive defense whereas other healers dont or have to sacrifice a lot to get it (say a druid going bear form).

You can argue that isn’t “good enough” but to say you don’t have it at all is a lie and clouds the argument. Holy priests also have some incredibly strong and instant heals (including one that works on just yourself and iirc, has no cost either).

Tyrannical means at a high enough level and a strong enough boss, any mechanic hitting someone that isn’t the tank (and sometimes even them) is a 1 shot outside of very strong damage reduction or immunity.

I did a KR on my hunter and the monk healer couldn’t keep up with the normal ticking damage of the gold spit on the 1st boss. Literally everytime someone got it, the dropoff tick killed them.

That doesn’t need monks need buffed. It means he needs to learn to heal both the tank and the spit target. That is not a boss you can just roll defensives on all day on as a healer or DPS.

2 Likes

Yes they do, all 3 priest specs have it https://www.wowhead.com/spell=45243/focused-will

Indeed it is from melee attacks however,

reduces all damage you take (holy only) while having renew on yourself by 10% as well.
Disc also has a talent that does 3% dmg reduction from atonement.

I meant I wish we had a direct cd defense I could cast. Which we don’t have, which isn’t a lie.

Sure but defenses make it easier

Defenses aren’t the only answer as I’ve said. But it helps.

Sounds like the monk couldn’t single target heal.

I’m not vying for monks to be buffed. I’m vying for all healing classes to have a Defense cd they can cast in their spell book.

Sadly no one picks this talent, because feather is better.

In case you’d misplaced the spell name https://www.wowhead.com/spell=47788/guardian-spirit
is a defensive, that doesn’t have to be held for the tank.

The highest timed key in the world atm is a +29, a disc priest has done a +26, I could spend more time sifting through the keys to see the highest Hpriest key, but it wont make a diff to you in the long run.

If you sit there and record your M+ runs and watch how much avoidable dmg you’ve taken, and change that you wouldn’t be asking for something like this, I’m not saying all healer are equal by any means, however they are much closer than people like to say.

Edit: the reason Hpriests are so far behind all other healers is cause of their lack of dmg compared to other healers, not their lack of personal D abilities.

I wouldn’t call that a defensive it’s basically a brez. It doesn’t reduce damage it increases healing. Sure if you get hit a lot, and almost die it saves you. But as I said that’s more of a brez.

Hold up when did I say holy priests couldn’t time high keys??

I’m just asking for a defense spell.

Most damage on tyrannical bosses isn’t avoidable. Sure there is some. But I’m talking about the overseer in tol. There is barely any avoidable damage, except dead eye/ cannon blasts.

I think I’m perfectly reasonable to ask for a defensive cast spell. Most healers have one. Don’t blame me asking for one because “I’m bad”.

Priests and shammys haren’t close toolkit wise to pallys and druids. Everyone knows this. The margin is bigger than you think. But I’m not saying because the margin is big they’re can’t be good players, who play their class well.

I never said their defense is what is making them behind. I was just asking for one because it would be nice.

I fail to see what defenses you feel are adequate. I don’t see holy priests surviving or not surviving anything more or less than any other healer sans paladins. Like in my example, the monk still died to his gold spit just as us DPS did (and in all fairness the tank was being stupid and kiting the boss without reason so the monk likely felt pressured to chase him down and trusted we wouldn’t die to that high ticking dot).

I’d never say no to healers having more defensives but still feel like you are underplaying with priests have and thinking the other healers have it better. Maybe a paladin but I don’t feel any more safer on say a shaman or a druid than I do my priest (though I’ll admit I dont heal high keys). I’m still kiting Rezan on all 3. I’m still not letting the big rock smash me on 2nd boss in ML. I’m still standing in the defense rune for the runecarver add in Shrine. No defensive ability sans pally bubble would ever make me feel confident enough to eat an ability I know is otherwise meant to be dodged on any healer or DPS toon

You should see the Priest subforum.

It doesn’t matter if the highest Holy key is still in the top 1% of all M+ players, Holy evidently is terrible because it can’t do the top .5%, especially considering that the majority of all M+ players haven’t done a +15.

2 Likes