Healer dps issue

Dear dps players, when we are running M+ in a pug group and your dps is low, each pull is over extended due to your low dps, stop using the comeback such as the holy paladin is not doing enough dps, she is busy healing your dying butt because you are not killing the mobs fast enough and failed to get out of mechanics, your hp drops from 100 to 10% constantly, healer dps should never be an excuse any dps players in a pug group can be allowed to use.

23 Likes

Everything is always the dps’ fault. Tanks and healers are pristine players that never ever can err.

10 Likes

DPS are the worst, shove them.

3 Likes

It’s simple, when the healer has to constantly healing the dying dps that is not suppose to take that much dmg, healer has no time to dps, quit saying healer is not doing dps, it’s literally your only freaking job, dps don’t have to also look at the hp bars and see who is dying, dps is the easiest job, high output or leave the group

4 Likes

I am perfectly perfect in every way

3 Likes

Should just be two man groups - tanks and healers! DPS can just go do WQs or whatever.

5 Likes

Oh yeah you are, softie! :heart_eyes:

DPS have such an advantage when soloing open-world content, it’s so unbalanced! Nerf DPS!! /s

NGL two-person dungeons would be awesome.

1 Like

Lmao at least buy me dinner first Wild

1 Like

Sure, and at the end, we just run out of there so I don’t have to pay :smiley:

1 Like

While I can agree with some that Healer DPS can make a difference, you must have some pretty bad DPS in your past group to make this post. Low DPS and not doing/getting hit by mechanics?

I actually look at the HP bars too xD. On the Broker boss in DoS for example, if someone is at 40% and I am in control of who gets the next Arcing Bolt (w.e it is), im probably not going to opt in to spreading it to that guy. I would like to believe people at least have some kind of raid frames/party frames up to know whats going on with their group.

I can’t believe how many people do m+ and have no clue what the mechanics are. By +7 you should know the mechanics.

You really can’t tank and not know the mechanics but dps seem to never know what’s going on.

A good tank and healer can carry bad dps a long way. World class dps cannot carry a bad tank or healer.

Many pug runs leave me oom but every once in a while you find a group that really knows what they are doing. Those runs are so smooth and actually fun.

I completely understand why rio came to be. I never thought I’d use it but I do now.

In my mind, it’s like this: If you’re at the level where you wouldn’t get mad at a hybrid DPS for not doing enough offhealing, you’re also at the level where you shouldn’t get mad at the healer for not doing enough DPS. :man_shrugging:

For me, I’m only at the 18 level where healer DPS can make things easier, but it also should have virtually no impact on a key being timed or not.

after you run M+ long enough, you have an internal timer on how each pull should last, my last run, each pull was 1.5 times too long and a DH dps that are at 15% hp at all times, not normal at all, players with no raider io score at all, nada

1 Like

Very true about the internal timers, pulls can vary but you get a rough idea of how long the fights last. If I had to guess you had some boosted people or just suffered from other players Melee Mentality (lots of melee just don’t dodge things properly from my experience, to be fair they are in the mobs butts).

So aggravating when I get no time to do anything other than Moonfire + sunfire and then have to spend the entire rest of the encounter healing people through easily avoidable mechanics… ugh

also the tank’s pulling route is weird, he was pulling some corner pacts that I never seen pulled, the group has no io history including the tank. I feel like I only notice so many things as a healer, on my dps idc at all, just mind my output and kicks, life is so much easier

1 Like

The truth you speak.

I think its more they don’t know how the affixes affect the instance. If they are accustomed to doing normal, heroic or M0, and then hit M+ and start to experience affixes, its an extra leap up in the learning curve. And of course it gets worse the higher you go.

1 Like

I never do that much dps lol. I just don’t want to stress myself out too much, the healing feels like enough most of the time. But I haven’t really done any big mythics either so it probably don’t matter too much. I feel like the day will come that somebody will say something to me eventually tho!

1 Like

Except in cases where there isn’t much damage incoming and tank is self healing. In low keys what do I see healer doing? Literally nothing. Those are the times I get annoyed at healers. Usually doesnt matter but you don’t improve if don’t try.

1 Like