Headless horseman stuck in queue

I’ve been waiting to get into the Headless Horseman dungeon using the finder, average wait time keeps say anywhere from 2-4 minutes only yet I’ve been in queue for over half an hour. I had tried on a lower level character earlier with same issue and switched thinking if I tried a max level character it might get me in but nope.
Anyone know why it doesn’t seem to be working?

7 Likes

Having the same issue on my demon hunter

EDIT:
Finally joined queue after 1hr + wait time

Personally I’ve waited over an hour on dps queue for the Headless Horseman and it still hasn’t popped.

Seems like something sketchy is happening. Same for me. Saying Av. of 3-4 mins and I was in queue for 35 mins. Logged out and came back an hour later to it happening again. I did it on like 5 characters and got in normal time, then suddenly it went bad.

1 Like

I’m gonna add my experience…

1 Like

I was getting queued in within 3-10 minutes on various characters around level 15. My roommate was queuing on characters around the same level and not getting in. He would wait 30+ minutes or over and hour and nothing happened on any of his characters. We tried grouping up together, but we wouldn’t get queued up together either. I left the group and we both queued up. Same level, same class (Warlock) and I got a queue within 5 minutes and his kept going around 40 minutes before he gave up again.

Yeah, something goofy is definitely going on. I am in the same boat as you fellows.

I’m telling you, between this and the whole BFA quest fiasco… yikes. When it rains it pours.

1 Like

I’ll echo this. I’ve queued up on 12 characters so far: 8 dps, 3 heals, 1 tank. None of them waited more than 4 minutes to get in. Jumped onto my mage, and sat in que for 30 minutes and figured something was wrong so I left queue. Joined queue again, said wait time was 4 minutes… then 20 minutes… then 8 minutes… and here I sit after 43 minutes still waiting. This is not an instance of “oh your dps, it’s a longer queue”, this is something wrong.

5 Likes

Same here. 1+ hr of wait on each max level character.

1 Like

I just saw another thread on this and posted similarly that queue times have been 30-45 minutes for me on some characters. All varying levels. Usually I am able to run several alts in an hour with these holiday encounters, and considering it’s early in the event you would think queue times would be faster. I agree it seems like something might be off. DPS would usually take 10-15 minutes max.

Tested all my characters. Only this rogue has queue problems. Definitely something mess up going on.

For some reason holiday boss events really hit my mages with long queues every time, traditionally, where none of the other classes I played had problems. This Hallow’s End, it’s getting most of my DPS characters. Once in a while, something like my Rogue will get a quick queue. Everything else - hunter, warlock, mage, shaman - huge hourlong queues when the wait time is supposedly less than 10 minutes.

If I can, I’ll respec to tank or healer and get in right away, the fight isn’t terribly hard although the pumpkin spawns in the third phase are SHREDDING tanks and sending healers scrambling this year compared to previous years, I figure that’s a squish thing. But that’s not really an option for all of the classes!

Happening to me too on only ONE character. This makes no sense.

1 Like

Same here. My healer queues are instant and my dps queues pop within 3-5 minutes. But on my priest, I sat in queue right after for 45 min and no pop. I have two accounts and did a little test. I queued dps on my druid on one account and as dps on my priest on 2nd account, and the druid queue popped but my priest’s did not. I ended up queuing as healer and got in within a minute.

Both characters are level 50.

I was waiting for over an hour this morning until I finally came up. It was on a Horde dps (mage) on Moonguard. :confused:

I’ve been having the same problem.

On some characters I find a group within 2-3 minutes, and with others I just don’t find a group. Ever. Same characters, day after day. All DPS.

They’re level 50 and all in the same realm and faction, I honestly don’t have a clue as to why this is happening.

1 Like

Fury warrior - less than 5 minutes
Enhance shaman - less than 5 minutes
Demon warlock - less than 5 minutes
Frost DK - less than 5 minutes

Windwalker monk - takes almost an hour.

This is doing the runs back to back, and it’s the same issue every day. The majority of my dps specs get in relatively quickly with no problem…but my monk sits in queue for 40+ minutes watching an average queue of 5-10 minutes. It makes no sense. Something is definitely off on this thing.

Same situation. <5 minute queues for dps for 6 characters then Rogue queues: 45 minutes (with average saying less than 10) before I give up. Queue another dps character, <5 min wait. Requeue Rogue, 30+ mins (again, way over avg) before I have to bail. It is definitely character dependent.

I feel like there are several issues around this. My warlock had 3 hour wait time the first day, 2 minutes the second day, and 45 minutes the third day (all at the same time of day, 2 P.M.). Everyone seems to be experiencing different problems tied to this broken queue.

Until today, it only affected my alliance monk. Today it didn’t affect them, but my horde druid was stuck in queue for over 3 hours before I gave up, queued as tank and just ran in as balance anyway.