Hazzikostas says: upcoming cross-faction RP item

If you’re like me, you may have been watching the latest Liveblog where the matter of the CrossRP add-on came up. It was proposed that Blizzard would be adding a new item called Elixir of Tongues that allows you to understand the opposite faction.

The way it works is that it allows you to understand the enemy faction, not speak their language. So if you want to have a Horde and Alliance Rp event, both sides would need to take the Elixir in order for it to work. This is to prevent trolling and griefing.

What do you think of this? i can get behind it. So long as it’s a stable, consistent way and it isn’t too expensive, i’m down. I just think they need to make it last a good long time. Like two hours like the inky black potion does.

7 Likes

It’s an interesting idea, but it would be important that any level player could use it (1-120) and that it be made from an herb that is plentiful and easy to obtain (maybe even from a past expansion).

Blizzard recognizes rp as a vital part of their audience’s game play experience, which I always appreciate.

2 Likes

It sounds pretty awesome but…will it be easy to get?
This sounds like an item that’d be worth nothing over on PvE servers but would be worth a ton on RP servers.

1 Like

I hope we’ll still be able to see the other faction’s trps. Also? It’d be pretty rad if they made Tammy the npc who sells them.

3 Likes

I’m curious as to how it’ll interact with racial languages like Darnassian or Thalassian? Will an Orc now be able to understand Darnassian, or just Common if both players are potioned up?

It’s already in the game. :smiley: You can get it from new Dalaran in the Underbelly.

It’s supposed to be only for comprehending, but right now there’s a bug and you can speak the other languages too.

Haven’t tested if it’s just Orcish/Common or if it allows you to understand the other languages too. --Actually in the tooltip it says allows you to understand the common language of the other faction.

4 Likes

It only works for Orcish/common, and as of right now it doesn’t work for emotes, just /s. You also can’t see their trps.

Just gave it a try. This is like the best thing Blizzard has done in ever.

1 Like

IT IS HERE!
And it is awesome :slight_smile:

Which vendor sells it?

Edit: Is there a recipe to make it yet?

Edit#2: Are Cross faction TRP profiles available for viewing?

The liverzapper gal in Dalaran underbelly sells it. And no clue on the recipe.

2 Likes