Havoc will not get buffed. Practice radical acceptance and accept this fact

Blizzard seems to do balance based on 2 principles:

1. Lazy/quick/efficient sledgehammer balance - probably a result of them having 2 people try to balance all 36 specs
  2. consensus of the bads - probably to cycle the specs through FotM so these bads extend their subs to get a chance in the sun with whatever sad class/spec they play.

How does this effect Havoc?

1. Unfortunately, modern Blizzard doesn’t have the work ethic of old Blizzard. Old Blizzard would have given DH a 3rd spec by now; there is a reason why mages, rogues, warriors have 2 other specs besides their primary PvP one.

No reason for DH not to have that; lore be damned. “cAt FoRm” wasn’t a thing in WC3 yet oldBlizz made druid work.

Anyway, the take-away is that Blizz just doesn’t care about DH.

1. The bads have decided that DH was overly OP. Was Havoc great? Yeah. Could it have used slight toning down and adjustments ? Yes. However, there was no reason for the spec to be gutted, both in numerical output as well as in playstyle.

What is the vision behind making our rotation even simpler and worse by breaking Blade Dance’s damage output? What is the vision in pruning both passives and actives from DH when the class had so less to begin with?

But you try reason with these bads with facts and logic - how a skilled DH against a skilled player of any other class was on mostly even footing, or why many DHs actually want more complexity and greater gap between skill floor and skill ceiling - and they will just. not. listen.

Our fates are sealed, boys and girls. Better to just accept it.

17 Likes

i have taken the approach that they intend it to be an overland world quest pve (read that is non-raid, non mythic +) type spec. For that purpose it does excel, since you dont need long cooldowns, and glide can assist you in the world of no-flying-mounts so much.

That or because vengeance is in a good place, they dont want one class to have a good dps and tank spec lol

4 Likes

You can tell that Blizzard is just full of lazy devs and/or too many people having a hand in decisions causing delay especially after that shadowlands dev interview.

4 Likes

Havoc is running into the problem where our AOE damage if they keep this up is going to be flat busted with how good it is. While our ST still needs help.

3 Likes

Um druid would like a word.

3 Likes

Yea another 5% aura buff is going to cause issues down the line for sure. Next raid tier they’ll be the ones doing obscene damage for no reason at all.

2 Likes

If they do another lazy buff, it needs to be targeted at least at chaos strike, demon’s bite/blades, and first blood.

1 Like

im having fun with momentum+first strike+ the hunt rn. our one troll move

Well I rather be like ww right now then if nothing else. Not going to give us what we want / need. Fine. But make our damage op dumb then. Like current ww.

Granted that’s not what I want but if all they will do is % type buffs, buff our dmg to be like ww arms and ret.

To be fair, there is a HUGE difference in what a WW sims for, and what actual average players get out of it. WW is hard to get that max sim damage out of, while havoc is easier to reach “average” sim levels.

I die more on my WW in PvE than on my Havoc if karma is on cooldown as well.

I kinda gave up on the class and the game in general, the lack of balance got me to unsub for the first time in 15ish years.

6 Likes

I’m there too. I’ve been playing less and less every day. The last 2 weeks I’ve barely logged on at all. I’ve also been playing wow since vanilla and the class imbalances are as bad as I can recall in all my years.

5 Likes

Yeah, vanilla is the last time I can remember classes being this imbalanced. At least during vanilla they had the excuse that they were still figuring out what they wanted to do with a lot of classes. Specs like ret pally and balance druid were a joke because the devs didn’t know what to do with them. Now the balance is more because they’re refusing to do even basic minor tuning more than once every several weeks. It’s pretty bad.

3 Likes

Havoc will get buffed in 9.3 when they introduce the new raid “Shnya’lotha”, which gives us all “Augments” on our gear, such as “many stars” and “oh boy thats a lot of devastation”

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve pretty much quit playing, hit 2050 in 2s and ran into 10 rouge mages in a row and pretty much stopped playing my dh… pretty sad most of my friends quit too

4 Likes

Honestly this is so so sad… i came to play shadowlands after quitting for a year geared myself up from pvp no lifed for 2 weeks stright 12 hours a day then finally got into a raiding team 218 ilvl and i cannot see myself on the dps meters… i honestly feel so sad i dont want to play anymore… it’s really sad how DH have been nerfed to crap… i hope they fix this if not i will also unsub i cannot play the game like this when no one wants us in the group… it took me 3 hours to get into a normal NORMAL Raid team at 218 ilvl…

3 Likes

Yah I unsubbed yesterday. I’ll come back when DH isn’t terrible.

6 Likes

Probably not buffing DH because of 2 legendaries potential. They have alot of good legendaries that synergizes. Ppl will argue that other classes have great legendary synergy potentials as well as being top dps right now so theres no reason havoc shouldnt see a buff but its all speculations and hate me but havoc isnt even as bad as ppl make it out to be.

1 Like

PvP WW absolutely mops the floor with DH in every aspect

I mean, sure, but compare that to an unholy dk who can use their cds every 30 - 40 seconds and turn their 8 minute cd into just over a 3 minute cd. I wouldn’t say it’s speculation, but just downright terrible.

Havoc needs that type of attention, at least with its only major cd.

Although, due to the recent interview where they talked about classes strengths and weaknesses during the raids and the encounters being designed to cover some of those aspects kind of makes me believe that having specs such as fury and havoc being very powerful with aoe and cleave, but lacking with single target is deliberate. And if so then that is very bad design to intentionally kneecap certain specs in that way :grimacing: