Havoc vs Assassination

Not a troll thread.

When all other teammates are dead and a 1v1 between Havoc occurs, how should the DH proceed?

So far, I end up chasing them around pillars until dots kill me. When I do catch them, they CC me and run away for the reset.

There’s nothing you can do. You will lose 100% of the time against even a mildly competent rogue. They will kidney you, bleed you, pillar you and stealth / sap you until STUN dr is up and do it over again until you’re dead. Not to mention healing themselves with vial. Also if enough time passes they have vanish off cd again.

The only chance you have is to trinket a kidney and hope they don’t have blind off CD and their trinket is off cd. If that’s the case you could maybe kill them in a stun but you willl most likely lose 100% of the time.

Without a snare or bleed / dot it’s really hard. Warriors can bleed them, or dot them and stop them from restealthing, but the snare which mostly they can break with sprint. Kinda have to pray you took crucible and can dot them with that but then they can just cloak it if you even get the global off before they are back on the pillar.

Melee classes 1v1 ca a rogue with pillars is near impossible, and particularly brutal for DHs with your lack of bleeds and Snares.

2 Likes

Good rogues are always just gonna kite you and wait for kidney to come off cd and dr. Then they mess you up. If you trinket the kidney they blind Reste alte sap until stun is off DR and do it all again. One of the more impossible classes tkm beat 1v1 in this game if played wel.

1 Like

Blade dance their kidneys. They really hate that.

5 Likes

Dks should be able to beat them no? With diseases to keep them from stealthing?

1 Like

Oh my GOD :rage::rage::rage:
Do you know how hard it is not dring your own kidneys when you’ve got a big purple freak doing the Bette Midler every 10 seconds and dancing around with the wind beneath their wings

10 Likes

Even if you manage to pre-blur and pre-dark two seperate kindeys you still lose every time honestly

2 Likes

Thank you for the replies. I guess I don’t feel as bad about losing this match up most of the time. I’ll still keep practicing and trying to improve.

My DH buddies pretty much always beat rogues in open-world but I imagine this is more difficult with no baseline slow and pillars in arena. They’re usually running demonic appetite and glimpse/rain/cover for duels though.

In arena if it’s a 1v1 situation without dampening, I’d probably pray you have lash of the void for the slow and to not panic out of kidneys because alot of the time you can recover without committing huge CDs each go

assassination
hardest spec has my name in it

I loved this

(topic deleted by author, will be automatically withdrawn in 24 hours unless flagged)

That is why Rogue need to be reworked. It is so unbalance for one vs one in arena , which also lead to most 1 on 1 fight. They have too much advantage over other class. Now even a top tier class with great burst, self-healing and mobility have a “nearly impossible time” fighting them and why Blizzard will not address this and keep buffing this class with all the utilities (spell) ?

1 Like

Don’t worry too much you counter 99% of every class in the game and press 2 buttons.

You’ll be fine.

8 Likes

Hey, thanks for the constructive feedback. I can’t imagine why the arena community has difficulty finding new blood/participation.

1 Like

its not the community, its bad class design like they were talking about. counter play is just lacking right now

1 Like

This is why I have to play with the slow, if I am in a match vs a rogue and I have the stun I will lose 95% of the time. However if I go in with the slow instead of the stun I will win 75% of the time.

1 Like

This is why the downvote button needs to return. Sin rogue is stupid for several reasons, but we should never balance arena around 1v1.

3 Likes

I dont think they should rework sin rogue in pvp because pvp is the only place where sin rogue can beat DH. The pro of being sin rogue is their pvp because their skills are just too reliant on cds in pves so…at least let them dominate. Just a personal opinion

It’s kinda a git good situation, when a rogue is attempting to pillar you. Act like you’re gonna go right then backflip dash around the otherside while spamming bladedance button, you’ll either dodge sap or cheapshot. You then need to dash away with your last dash to avoid the in combat cheapshot or stun eyebeam breathe of the dying + spine trinket them.

Dispell them off cooldown and it can keep you healed and shielded via azerite trait

tbh I think even pika would have a hard time vs strat as much as I love you dude

1 Like