Havoc PvP corruptions

From what I can tell (I haven’t found anything stating otherwise) MOTHER will be alternating the corruptions she sells twice a week. Eventually that means 12% versatility and gushing wounds will be optional. Gushing wounds is taking a 35% nerf on Tuesday so it seems to me that even though versatility is behind a little on damage per corruption point it would probably still be smarter to take versatility due to other benefits? Thoughts?

Edit add. Will the 801 versatility proc in damage be available to purchase from MOTHER? I haven’t found a reliable source on this :frowning:

No one knows for sure right now to be honest.

My pure speculation is many classes, especially like DH with its innate damage and survivability, will probably go full verse. After all you’re going to half speedy gpie and chaos bolts flying to you. Some healers probably gonna go mix of IT and verse.

But at this time its speculation. But for DH specifically I think verse % and verse procs will most likely be the play. In pvp it’s not as simple as what sims the highest due to other factors such as uptime, dispels, cc etc etc. The constant dmg and dmg reduction will probably be too good to pass up.

With the incoming nerf to Gushing Wound it’s hard to say if the corruption you are stacking today is not going to get heavily nerfed tomorrow. Gushing Wound is extremely effective on DHs due to high RPPM and incredible uptime, but it’s getting its damage reduced by 35% starting next Tuesday.

Vers amp is the safer choice for now, but I believe Gushing Wound might still be good if stacked enough. Lash of the Void is probably continue being one of the best too, so you gotta get those Ra-den weapons if you can.

Exactly this, and this is why Lash is extremely effective. It procs a lot, gives us a slow which we don’t have baseline, even if just 30%, it does great damage, has little to no counterplay and it does AoE damage.

Yeah lash has helped tremendously over the past week since I got it. I’m hoping for a second one this week.

I have two pieces of gear with 801 vers proc for 20 seconds (chance to proc when I take damage). The crazy thing is I almost cleanse them and I’m so glad I didn’t. (They were an upgrade stat wise but I couldn’t wear them due to how high my corruption was going). So now it’s trying to gauge whether two or three more of these are better than say four or five 12% mastery corruptions. It comes down to roughly 3500-4000 versatility all the time or proccing upwards of 7000-8000 versatility and lining up CDs on those procs.

Classes that benefit from haste are going to be wrecking this week. Running even 4000 versatility with a conflict in strife will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50% damage reduction in stuns. The meta is about to flip.

I know this thread is for PVP, anyone know if anything has changed with PVE though with the gushing wounds nerf?

Well if vers is the way to go you wont want just proc verse. Youd want a few pieces with % vers…so dont go crazy stacking nothing but proc. Or you’ll be an rng monster randomly dying and randomly becoming a tank when the stars align lol.

Nothing so far. Other than gushing nerf obviously. But while it did the most dmg per corruption it was rather rare plus pve is different than pvp. Depending on context, ie single target or cleave or aoe would alter best corruption quickly more so than in pvp.

%Mastery is useless for us and as long as you can keep your corruption under 40, Surging Vitality is always going to be better. I wouldn’t go with more than two Surging Vitality pieces though, as they are purely RNG and worth 35 corruption.

Versatile is going to be huge once we can stack enough of it, and if paired with one or two pieces of Surging, it can bring your Versatility to ludicrous amounts when it procs. If you are using C&S Major against Rogues and Monks, you get pretty much unkillable.

Gushing Wound probably won’t be worth its weight in corruption anymore, just like what happened to Echoing Void. It’s already below Ineffable Truth rank 1 in AoE and it’s now going to be below it in ST too. It’s still going to be a strong corruption with little counterplay, but there are going to be better ones now.

I’m actually betting on Ineffable Truth and Expedient corruptions, although only one or two Expedient so you can get to around 145% Haste and fit 3 Death Sweep casts in one Demonic window. With enough Ineffable Truth stacked we could see a replay of Legion’s Raddon’s legendary.

Sorry meant versatility. I’m trying to figure out if 12% versatility stacking or 801 versatility stacking is ideal.

There are people with over 50% versatility already on their Armory profile. Versatility is definitely great for us, but we still don’t know about Gushing Wound post-nerf, but I’m guessing it’s going to be good still.

%Vers is definitely going to be great, so there’s no reason not to go for it if you have enough Echoes.