Havoc Demon - Pulling correctly

Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place cause I don’t know anything about this particular class…

It’s my first time playing Havoc Demon and it looks like it has a lot of praise as being a very high multi-target DPS.

However I’m trying to get the hang of it and I think I might be missing something.

What happens:

• I get 3-5 mobs, popping immo on the 4th. Use Eye beam and go through rotation. Mobs get deleted and I’m on full health easy.

• I pull 5 mobs but during the process they hit so hard I die. I do try focus 1-2 so I can eat their souls for HP but it really varies.

Grateful for any advice you guys might have as experienced players on this. Otherwise this class feels so busted in terms of how much value it has.

I play a Havoc DH and he’s my go to when I want to do some serious damage. You have, as a Havoc, many mob weapons besides Eye Beam. Chaos Nova, Blade Dance, Fel Barrage, Immolation Aura, Throw Glaive and even Fel Rush. If i run into a large mob I bang them with Chaos Nova then Fel Barrage followed by Blade dance then Fel Immolation (which gives an added boost to armor) then, if needed, I use Demon Bite to bump up fury to finish them of with Eye Beam. I sometimes lead with Throw Glaive too. Easy Peasy. Try messing around with your talents and see if that helps. Look for Kiluoa. He’ll help you in game.

1 Like

Thank you! I think I might of been not using immolation.

Alright just it does look like I am using immolation aura.
I think the trouble is mainly in pulls with one big guy (like Gnarled Brute in Drustvar)

Glad I could help. Yeah he’s a toughie when you’re new. Keep leveling your Heart Of Azeroth and don’t forget to use Vengeful Retreat if you get low on health. Then you can charge back in with Fel Rush after you Throw Glaive.
Try going to an area that’s a lower level like Pandaria and practice against mobs there.

I’ll try on the mobs there with Vengeful retreat.

JUST GOT ONE HIT BY SOUL GOLIATH LOL. stupid drustvar

100% sure it’s just this area. If I get a Gnarled brute on me during a pull I’m gone.

LOL! Took me three tries to get him. He’s tough.

What level are you? Yeah Drustvar can be hard. Especially if you’re still leveling.

114 at the moment. 7/10 through Drustvar plot, following it linearly (where you rescue the people trapped by the Coven and give them their gear back).

Problem solved! I was not liquid firing the tree dudes…

Ah! That will do it. And you’ll have that every time you come back to that area!

1 Like

Read the icy veins havoc demon hunter class guide. It’s very popular and gives you the best rotations and talents. There are also plenty of havoc you tube guides. If you want to do optional dps, you need to follow the very specific proper rotations and talents.

Lastly there are individual class forums for every class in the game. For future reference, this type of question is better suited for the demon hunter forum where many more demon hunters would read it. So Forum, classes, demon hunter. Not that many people read this forum.

1 Like