Havoc demon hunter talent BLUR fix

BLUR increases your change to dodge by 50% and reduces all damage taken by 20% for 10 sec.

New
BLUR is Havoc’s primary defensive tool, granting 30% damage reduction and 50% dodge for 10 seconds, on a 1-minute cooldown.

1 Like

Still barely helps against casters?

I’m confused. You want to just increase blur so it’s 30% instead of 20%?

That’s really not going to help all that much. It’s not often where I felt like blur actually saved my butt. More often I feel like it just prolonged the inevitable. If I wanted to buff blur I think I’d have it boost parry and dodge.

Attaching blur to other skills would also be an option. For example Blade Dance or Retreat could provide a few seconds of blur after being cast. Retreat also breaking roots along with snares would also be nice.

But I also agree with Harsh… an option other than to face tank 6 instant casts from a Mage would be nice. For example, Immolation Aura could behave like Anti-Magic Shell where it provides a shield that only blocks magic damage and Immo Aura does damage to everyone nearby while the shield holds. This way you don’t lose much against melee and would have an option against range.

Make blade dance grant 2 seconds of blur.

People couldn’t handle 1 second of 100% dodge, maybe they’ll handle 2 seconds of 50% dodge.

2 Likes

Did you wake up one day and decide you were going to create a few threads with bad ideas on havoc dh defensives?

If so, you nailed it

2 Likes

I’m confused. You want to just increase blur so it’s 30% instead of 20%?

It would be just reverting a nerf to blur that happened during transition from BFA to shadowlands. In BFA it was 30%. Now it is 20%.