Havoc Covenant Legendary Tuning

Hello,

With the addition of double legendaries coming in 9.2, I think it’s time to address the potential of them. Let’s start with the bad.

Night Fae (Blazing Slaughter): As it stands this legendary is average at best. It’s decent on large aoe packs (underwhelming) and basically useless on single target. Another issue is that it overwrites Immolation Aura, effectively locking us into picking Unbound Chaos as a talent. Given the fact that Night Fae is and probably will remain our best covenant choice for most content, this seems problematic to be locked into 1 talent permanently.

My solutions are quite simple. For starters, uncap The Hunt dot (or cap it at 8/10 or something). With the removal of most aoe caps in 9.1.5 this seems appropriate anyways and it would turn The Hunt into a real damage cd with the big agility boost. While this doesn’t really do anything for single target, it would give the ability a clear niche. Secondly, make Blazing Slaughter extend the duration of Immo Aura rather than reset it. This would give us great value from Growing Inferno, giving it a bit better ST value while remaining strong in aoe.

NOTE: Tuning may need to be looked at on Unnatural Malice or The Hunt dot itself to make sure it’s not too strong.

Necrolord (Demonic Oath): Given that Necrolord saw very little play as Havoc so far, it’s safe to assume that with this awful legendary it will see even less play. The thought process here just seems lazy to me, why have a covenant legendary have your ( awkward and rng) covenant ability apply a Vengeance ability? If you want it to apply a dot, have it be something else and have it actually be decent. Either that or rework the legendary entirely.

The good,

Venthyr (Agony Gaze): With the recent buffs this legendary has became quite strong in single target and wearing a second legendary is only going to make it better. While it is an rng fiesta, it has a clear niche. Excellent single target damage. I don’t believe this needs any changes.

Kyrian (Blind Faith): Kyrian doesn’t see that much play as Havoc, as of right now this legendary is pretty strong both offensively and defensively for Vengeance and will only be getting better. I don’t know how well this will work with Havoc going forward but this can probably remain the same given that it is strong for Vengeance.

Please let me know what you guys think and give your own opinions on what you think should be done (and why I’m an idiot :blush:).

Thanks

2 Likes

The kyrian Lego is super great if you take demonic appetite

I haven’t messed with it before, but that makes sense. Thanks for your feedback.

umm necro sees little play in pve. It’s a beast in pvp the oniy true test of skill in wow

Necro DH best DH but ya make the leggo even stronger i’m cool with it…