Having to wait 3 months till 9.1 for buff?

That’s quite ridiculous. Doubly hard on guilds with hunters trying to finish up the tier before 9.1. Quite a number of hunters have been unsubscribing lately… Blizzard pretty much killed their own game.

7 Likes

Blizz has been slowly killing this game for years now. People are just getting more and more tired of it. We keep waiting… waiting… waiting for improvements. for our voices to be heard and things dont get any better. I feel it just gets worst. I for one am not going to say I am going to quit but will am i starting to play a lot less. I will be. Maybe i will get to a point to where i say my good bye to wow. Dont know, cant say. In the mean time working on getting my 46 year old body to be able to do hand stand push ups over playing wow seems a ton more fun.

4 Likes

It was good while it lasted. Probably gonna unsub very soon.

Hunter is pretty much unplayable now. Dead last in raids and pvp.

Boomkins, Warlocks and Mages are so far ahead of everyone else.

Blizzard simply can’t balance this game.

1 Like

Dealing with this for years I kinda feel do they even want too. Do they want to balance this game?

1 Like

My answer was to level an alt that could potentially replace my hunter. As much as I love my hunter, I’m realistic in thinking we will.not get adequate fixes this expansion.

Hunter is still good in m+. If play right they are still good

3 Likes

Good as in middle of the pack in M+ ?

2 Likes

Better than middle-of-the-pack fortunately (for MM anyway).

MM Hunter representation is just behind Balance Druids in the 15+ to around 20 bracket according to RIO’s leaderboards. After that it’s Fire Mages and Balance Druids, but they’re both being toned down in 9.1 (though by how much in practise it’s hard to say at the moment).

Raids though? Could be better. I hit the gear plateau for this guy and moved on to my Prot Paladin for now, but I’m hoping we’ll have some good news before 9.1 launches.

The issue is waiting for 9.1

That’s 3 months.

So 3 months of being bad. Most hunters already quit by then.

Why need to wait 3 months for balance?

1 Like

What? MM is doing good on Warcraft Logs. I see a Hunter on Top 100 on 2vs2 and 3vs3. I also see a Hunter on Top 100 Leaderboard on Mythic+. And Hunters are very wanted on Mythic+.

Of course, there are specs that are on top like MM. BM and Surv are not as good as MM. But BM was the flavor of the month on BFA 8.3 and 8.4. Sorry I dont care about Survival as I hate melee as a Hunter. But they are playable.

I dont need 9.1 to enjoy WoW. Any specs can reach M+15/AoTC. Maybe Mythic Raiders are affected but they are just less than 1% of WoW population and most likely it doesnt concerns you.

4 Likes

I am a mythic raider 8/10M so it does concern me. MM/BM/SV , all 3 specs of hunter are at the bottom half of the raid now.

I achieved KSM months ago and I can tell you the problem is not 15 key. It is 18 key and above . Hunter survivability in high keys is a big problem. And they do lousy damage versus mages, druids etc who have uncapped AOE. It’s about timing for M+ and therefore big pulls. With WS nerfed, Hunters burst AOE has been hit hard. ST wise they’ve also always been weak. A 215 druid will sim higher than a 225 hunter both in M+ spec. Druid is much tankier, does insane burst ST via Convoke and have huge utility. What utility does hunter have? Lust will cost you 10% of your damage and besides that Mage and Shammy who are almost always there in the raid composition have that already covered.

5 Likes

Yup it doesnt concerns me becoz I am not into Mythic Raiding and I am just up to M+15 which is doable with what I can have. So does the majority of the Hunter population. Is your Mythic Raid Group compose only with Fire Mages and Druids? And what do you get from M+16 and up?

There are always Flavor of the Month Specs. BM was there on top on BFA 8.3 and 8.4. We cant be the flavor of the month patch after patch. Are you only playing when you are the flavor? Are you saying if we are not Fire Mage or Druid, we should just leave the game?
Ouch.

1 Like

Well even if you do not raid Mythic or do anything higher than a 15 key, wouldn’t you like to do more DPS at the same gear level and with the same amount of effort? That’s what the other players playing other classes are doing right now. Even if you say DPS doesn’t matter to you, it does matter to others who play with you. This, whether it is Heroics Raiding or in low M+ keys.

Take example M+… assuming you don’t have issue timing but would you rather do a 15 key in 20 minutes or 30 minutes? You may not care but team mates care. And therefore the general population is going to pick other classes over you at the same IO & gearing level. (Also, don’t forget the bar post is always shifting and now there is a reward for timing all keys @ 20). When I am playing on my Boomie, I will always pick a mage/ele over hunter because mage does more damage, gives me an intellect buff, gives Lust AND survives so much easier than hunter - this is for 14-15 keys for the weekly loot vault. It’s just faster and helps me reach objective quicker. In fact, did a 14 mists just now where a 1200 IO mage and a 1500 IO hunter both applied and the RL picked the mage.

And for those of us who are trying to finish up 10/10M and get CE this tier we just sat our guild progress backwards. My guild as an example run 4 hunters but all are now benched post 9.0.5 nerfs. We have an active roster size of 35-40 so no shortage of mages, warlocks, SP and Boomkins. All 4 hunters are perma-benched. Some of us do have alternates though so we switched to those. A few who don’t have alternates are about to unsub.

3 months? Expect a large bulk of hunter population to quit the game. The issue here is not being flavour of the month or not. I have no issue playing a class that’s in the middle of the pack. I have issue however playing a class at the bottom of the pack with classes at the top pulling 10-20% ahead of those at the bottom.

3 Likes

And you assume a big population of Hunters are on Mythic Raiding? That’s a wrong assumption. Even KSM and AOTC Hunters are not that many.

You are on Mythic Raiding. You have a Guild for that. And you are not using it for Mythic+15 and above? Why are you relying with PuGs on M+15 and above? And I think that there are too many DPS at 1300 IO with only few +15 keys. It’s normal not to be invited fast if you are a DPS.

Your logs are not that bad. You are ilevel 221 on logs and your DPS against ilevel 224s are not that far. I didnt see an ilevel 215 humiliated your DPS on Raid.

1 Like

Hmm I am not sure which logs you are referring to though because I play several toons and all are above 221. Some are in alliance and some on horde. Different guilds. If it’s my hunter logs , ilevel was 221 maybe almost 2 months ago? Right now my hunter is 224-226 depending on which trinket I use as wakener fond is 194 and I swap out my 226 IQD for that if it is not a lust on pull fight.

I am in a 2-Night Mythic Guild so you can say that’s pretty casual. We typically only log-on twice a week to clear Mythic Raid and log off.

So for those who have the time and want to do M+ it’s usually just pugging. My IO scores across my alternates are all around 1300-14++. It could be way higher as some of my guildies are pushing 2000 but I don’t see a point in that as the dungeons are exactly the same and there are no rewards above KSM at the moment. Then again there are those who are really into M+ and pushing IO scores so when I comment on class balancing I am commenting across, not just from a personal objective perspective.

Still for me who just do M+ to achieve my weekly vault objective, the time I spend queuing and clearing those 14-15 keys matters. When I am on my hunter, I get invited way slower than when I am on my other toons. This is from a pug perspective. Now, that wasn’t the case at all before 9.0.5.

Also just a case in point my Boomkin can single-phase kill Ingra Maloch consistently on tyrannical at ilevel 221 but my 225 hunter cannot. That’s like 1-2 minutes of dungeon time saved for everyone in my party JUST because I am on Boomkin instead of Hunter.

1 Like

from what i saw on the patch notes, blizz seems fixated in nerfing the uncapped aoe abilities of some specs, like starfall, flamepatch and they added unbound chaos, havoc dh ability, to the list since this particular ability is also aoe uncapped

Yeah can see that they are fixing it. The only issue is 9.1 takes 3 months. What happens right now? So they expect everyone to wait 3 months for them to fix things?

pretty much man, there’s a lot of stuff that could and need to be changed to make the game better, my goal in this patch was to finish conqueror and getting 10s done for now, maybe i will go for ksm in the next weeks

Blizzard has shifted too hard into the “don’t want to impact guilds progressing” mindset. It’s been a long time since they’ve done any kind of balancing after the first 2 weeks. Especially when it comes to nerfing the big outliers. They’ll just do small aura buffs to the bottom performers that don’t change much in the end. And even those don’t happen very often.

1 Like

The issue was… they wanted to nerf Warlock (Malefic Rapture) and probably Boomkins and Mages as well but then there was alot of push back .

They chickened out … BUT continued with the Hunter nerf. So what happens with that? Double whammy for hunters we get pushed to the bottom while the OP classes remain OP for 3 months.

They should have either NOT nerf anything till 9.1 or balanced everything instead of what they did. Now hunters are basically bouncing along the bottom.