Have you been forced from a shard while remaining active?

This tends to always happen if someone is on a different shard from you and invites you. The thread is more about sharding that happens randomly and out of the blue for no reason. I probably should have clarified.

If you had invited them it wouldn’t have phased you and they’d be on your shard. Sharding regardless though is ridiculous and has been making no sense. Been in a deserted zone and a full zone doing activities and fighting things and still getting sharded. It’s gotten too aggressive.

3 Likes

yup especially in the caverns, that’s mostly due to all the bots living down their though.

2 Likes

Getting moved to a shard mid-combat with one of the stupidly high health rares is infuriating. Getting moved multiple times against the same rare is pretty rage inducing.

8 Likes

Yes, I have been smack in the middle of killing a mob when it faded away. This happened while questing in Elwynn Forest.

4 Likes

Had this happen with the world boss in the ED and back while I was actively killing rares in the ED for the druid marks for forms.

I remember fighting the emberclaw rare, getting it to half health then randomly being moved shards to where that rare wasn’t up.

3 Likes

several times. It sucks. like when you got a few seconds left on a Dreamseed only to get forced out of the shard for some reason.

6 Likes

I have experienced this a couple of times while waiting for a dreamseed to mature; it suddenly resets or vanishes entirely, costing me the reward I contributed for.

In my experience this is an exception though, rather than a rule.

5 Likes

I’ve seen this quite a bit lately as well. Most notably while fighting Fyrakk’s disciple and also Aurostor, in both cases they were nearly dead and bam, just gone. And I think I may have been the only one phased in the most recent Fyrakk disciple one, because there was no one in the area once phased, and there were quite a few people killing it originally, prior to phasing.

I’ve also had it happen when I’m just waiting on a seed to finish. Just hanging out then bam, gone.

7 Likes

While I appreciate the effort, Blizzard is well aware that this is an issue. They also do not care enough to do anything about it.

3 Likes

Citation is needed for this as I’ve seen no mention from a developer or CM that they are aware of the issue.

Before people just said “Yeah this happened to me” However I’ve provided a time, date, character I was on, server, what zone I was in, what I was doing and shards I was in and then moved to in my OP on the Community Council forums so they can look into it. This will hopefully help them look into the data and maybe pinpoint something that’s not supposed to be there in there code.

Don’t become a doomsayer before you’ve made an attempt to try.

3 Likes

Yes. I was doing a quest a few days ago and suddenly another player around me vanished and all the hostiles I’d killed were back. snap just like that I got sharded mid fight.

Yesterday I was fighting one of the Legion invasion elites and had it about two thirds down when suddenly it faded away. I looked around and saw it plodding about to my right out of aggro range. Yep, sharded mid fight again.

This needs to stop.

4 Likes

Well, a quick search, and from my own post on the bug report forums shows multiple people complaining of being phased out. Not a single response from a blue means either they read them and don’t care, or they don’t read them and posting on the forums about the issue doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

Well it doesn’t hurt to have someone on the CC say something about it does it? More threads about it, the more noise we generate. They could be looking into it but need more info or more time to recreate the circumstances. By giving them all the info I had maybe they can pinpoint it.

My CC forum post about this issue will be up on that specific section of the forums for a good long while as that section of the forums doesn’t move as fast as others. It’ll have plenty of eyes on it for some time to come.

For now doom posting does nothing. If you’ve encountered this then feel free to add your story to the growing list.

2 Likes

There’s something particularly jarring about being resharded while in the middle of a fishing cast.

8 Likes

I agree, but what’s that have to do with the OP? They’re actually making an effort to make this issue known.

As for the topic at hand, yes. Last time it was when I was doing the fyrakk assault and the boss was about to spawn. everyone in the zone was phased. Probably one of the worst feelings in this game , as you have absolutely zero control over it.

2 Likes

I have posted my own bug report and posted in some one else . It has been taking me up to 3 hours to do Fyrakk’s Fury . It could be longer I get pissed off and log out some times . I can tell you its getting worse as time go’s by . Use to be like once now like I say 3 or more times phasing out . Not thats the boss and or the timer .

4 Likes

It’s a shame this hasn’t been addressed with the numerous threads throughout all the different parts of the forum and that it takes a Community Council member to highlight it, but thanks for taking the time.

On that note, this does not occur just while engaged during a fight, though it is the most frustrating. It can occur while waiting for a seed to finish progressing, at a SL mission table, while looting an herb, using the AH in Org/IF, and numerous other instances of inconvenience.

It is wildly rampant in the Shadow Land zones. I was leveling a druid and I broke down and logged it for a little over an hour last week:

Questing in Ardenweald (times that I was sharded, p.m.):
5:48
5:55
6:05
6:29
6:37
7:11 Enough, logged out.

5 Likes

I’ve experienced it during the Superbloom and it happened to multiple people when I experienced it. Several people in general chat with shocked pikachu face reactions. So after maxing renown I stopped doing them altogether.

4 Likes

I have had this happen on some rares in the past couple weeks.

2 Likes

This happens a lot when I’m participating in the Fyrakk Assault.
Once the bar hits 100% Fyrakk comes and then we fight the dragon then I’m forcibly shifted to another zone shard and the bar drops back to zero percent and the dragon is gone.
Or the bar gets to 100%, Fyrakk /yells, bar resets to 0%. No boss.

This happen a lot.

4 Likes