Have our prayers been answered?

They recently fixed a bug that wasn’t allowing new PTR characters to log in so I took the opportunity to test my hunter on the Raider’s Training Dummy. I test until the point that my dps stabilizes, usually around the 2 million damage mark it only fluctuates by a couple hundred up and down. On live, I’m stabilizing at 16k with not buffs, food, or pots. On PTR, I’m stabilizing at 20k with the same conditions.

I know the patch isn’t live yet and one person pounding a dummy doesn’t make for a great data set, but it gives me hope during these dark times.

2 Likes

Check the tooltip to see if any abilitie is doing more damage in the PTR than live.

Just got done testing, noticed no difference at all in any hunter specs. Zero. Did lengthy tests with various combinations of azerite gear for BM, nothing. Everything is exactly the same. You trolling?

1 Like

No. I tested BM and my results were as posted. I tested using the exact same setup on both live and ptr.

Interesting. I even put on all the high end gear from the vendor and was unable to attain your numbers. Fell to around 16-17k every time which is just a touch above what I can hold on live at 403 on the raid dummy.

I play MM though, maybe I’m doing it wrong. Some other people should test it. Broken trait maybe? What are you using?

1 Like

You can see my setup on my profile or raiderio or warcaft logs or whatever. I was using my standard setup no changes. I’ll do more testing tomorrow, been raiding.

Edit: Decided to do one more test before crashing. It’s been a long night battling Jaina, finally downed her after 3 hours of nonstop pulls. My rotation was far from perfect but still pulled 18k at stabilization. Still not putting a lot of stock is such a small data set, but it gives me hope lol.

Generally, parsing isn’t done till a “stabalizing” number is reached. Most parses make the damage variable and time fixed. Most parsing is done for 5 mins. Most sims run for 5 mins.

2mil damage divided by 20k dps is 100 seconds of parsing, which is 1/3 of standard parsing/simming.

Not sure why your dps on ptr is better than live. Maybe your damage meter is not working properly for one of the situations.

If you really want to make the claim, do a 5 min parse on both, then post the damage output by talent of each test.

I never made a claim. The title is a question and I stated very clearly that the method of testing wasn’t ideal, but gave me hope. There could be any number of variables explaining why my data varies from PTR to Live which is why it’s important for others to test as well.

You claimed your live parses were better than your ptr…

I wasn’t trying to come off as if you’re wrong, just that you’re not following the conventional/established way of parsing. When you don’t follow convention, then your results are viewed with skepticism.

Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying I was making a claim that BM had been fixed on PTR. I didn’t really consider my numbers as a claim, but I guess technically they are. I also realize the methodology wasn’t ideal which is why I described it in the OP. I am doing a series of 5 minute parses now on Raider’s Training Dummy. No Food,Flask, or Buffs. Core Hound Pet. Live necklace is 40 vs PTR at 39.
PTR 1 = 16.9K
PTR 2 = 16.5K
Live 1 = 15.5K
Live 2 = 16.2K
Hard to make anything out of those numbers. PTR technically performed better, but not by a lot. Hope isn’t lost, but certainly diminished.

1 Like