Have not played since Panda

I wanted to create a new toon and start fresh. If I start with the new player option, do I just follow the quest leads/storyline and will I be able to level to 50?

Maddstone

I believe with the pre patch in if you create a new character you go to the new starting area and level there till 10 and then you time walk what ever expansion you like which takes you to 50 then shadowlands.

One thing I’m not clear about as a returning player - what’s the benefit of time walk? Considering I’ve got a level 11 toon standing in Boralus (and has a garrison in Draenor)?

If you want to level up in BfA, there’s no benefit to Chromie Time since Kul Tiras & Zandalar scale from 10-50 with or without it. If you wanted to level up in some other expansion instead, then Chromie Time causes those to also scale all the way to 50; without Chromie Time they have lower level caps so you have to keep changing expansions as you level up.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ve been wondering why bother with it, but I guess if someone liked the earlier zones better, that’s reason enough.

It’s a shame that Legions got the shaft, since new Artifact weapons for a level 40+ toon are ilevel 20 without Chromie Time. Does Chromie Time fix that? Or am I missing something else?

I think it’s fixed regardless. I just checked a level 42 druid that started Legion this week who is NOT on Chromie Time, and his artifact weapon is iLvl 50, that’s slightly better than the rest of his gear which is mostly mid-40s. I don’t have any other level 40ish characters to check what artifact iLvl they get with Chromie TIme.