Have classes ever been worse then they are now?

I know I can’t be that clueless, but I don’t have a problem with classes. Each expansion has had changes, giving and taking, but over all it didn’t change my opinion about one class over another… I main a hunter and a paladin, with a shaman as a close third, but in legion I leveled every class except priest to 110.

I honestly can not find the hatred or problems that people have expressed about the classes or the game… I have been playing since vanilla beta, and I’ve found fun and enjoyment from every expac.

My brother who hasn’t played for 2yrs ( life reasons and no computer). Started playing this past week, and thinks everyone is nuts, and is having a blast.

4 Likes

Ya, druids in classic were pretty bad. Feral was just as fun to play but you needed rank 10 or better PvP gear, and that was an insane grind. Chickens were useless and trees were allowed to tag along if they innervated the real healer.

3 Likes

Plenty of people already do this.

/punt

4 Likes

Ret spec paladins were unheard of in BC

OP you are a drama queen. Go play something else if your dislike for the game is so high.
Seriously guys, i gladly can read tons of critics to BFA if they are constructive and smart critics, and not all the borings speachs i read everyday in this forum that saids “the game is doomed”.

1 Like

Well. The classes are the worst they’ve ever been and boring to boot. So. Maybe you should go play something else.

1 Like

Why? if i’m having a good time, not like others masochists who still here.

3 Likes

Paladins need one single more ability to build up more holy power so there are not these odd breaks in our rotation.

1 Like

For healers it increased their mana regen. Disc priests used to have a buff for it, Divine Spirit.

Ah, gotcha. I need that now after that meganerf >.<

Class design has been like a bell curve. It got better and better until MoP which was the best it’s ever been, then it’s gotten worse and worse every expansion since then.

2 Likes

Classic.

1 Like

Resto and Elemental are both great. Enhance needs love.

I have to give elemental a whirl. Always played enchance/resto.

Enchance definitely needs a boost. Maybe return our shocks. Hell I would love a cast time on lightning bolt if it meant it did some damage.

While elemental is in a great spot, it sorta has the same issue enhance does in one specific area. An enhance without primal primer is sad. An elemental without multiple igneous potential is sad. Like emotionally sad. It opens up the Icefury talent build which is a ton of fun.

1 Like

I think the biggest problem is that they are trying to design “perfection” rather than just throwing spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks.

Perfect rotations
Perfect stats
Perfect builds
Perfect balance

Sometimes the game can end up feeling a little stale simply because things are a bit TOO polished and clean. You end up with a bunch of watered down homogenized classes and characters that, while more balanced than ever before, have no way in which they are recognizable.

1 Like

You should have tried Retribution in Legion. The boredoom.

1 Like

There was also that one state Warriors didn’t always need but the Berserkers/Brawlers/Whatever stance spec needed it too.

Yeah no, folks weren’t saying classes were this bad en mass in Legion.

3 Likes

We need more meaningful spells and less filler for the rotations . Nothing feels worse then casting shadowbolt on my warlock. It hits like a wet noodle and has no place being that weak. Also we need talents that don’t have to be cookie cutter to be useful. The new talent system was supposed to prevent that but it hasnt

4 Likes