Have a question

Why is it that some hunters don’t name their pets.

Maybe laziness, or just not creative. I always have to name mine so Idk.

1 Like

Why some hunters don’t name their pets?
I’m a MM Hunter.
I don’t name all my pets. I don’t actually know how many pets I have.
Some pets are fashion accessories, color variations and T-mog matches. No names for them.
Others are disappointments. No names for them either.
I don’t name the ones that aren’t important to me.

1 Like

I name the ones that immediately comes to mind with a suited name. Otherwise I do not… not until someone points it out and then I give my pet their name. Usually it earns a few laughs along the way :rofl:

…I’m a MM Hunter, too, yet I name all of my pets.

All of my pets across all of my Hunters have unique names.

Even all of my battle pets (and I have the 1k Battle Pets achievement) have unique names.

So that excuse doesn’t fly. :wink:

So your ocd naming pets makes others “not fly” for not being anal like your are with your pets??

Some would rather just pew pew than be a hunter.

Hey! I wasn’t trying to excuse myself. I tried to answer the question as it best applied to me.
I don’t know why some Hunters don’t name their pets. I do know why this Hunter doesn’t name some of his pets. My nameless pets aren’t important to me.
I should maybe turn those nameless pets loose. :thinking:

Huh?? I was just kidding around with Llars. :neutral_face:

Edit: Your post had me really baffled, so I went and re-read my first post. I think I’ve figured out the problem… :woman_facepalming:t3:

I thought I added this sentence but apparently I didn’t!

What I forgot to add was:

“Coming up with all sorts of names are fun for me! Sometimes I give really dumb and lame names, but they make me laugh. I like to challenge myself by never reusing the same name twice.”

Does that help? I’m serious here.

Good answers guys,the only pets I don’t name are the named pets,I just can’t seem to run around with,wolf spider wasp,it’s a pet to me,my loyal friend who would give his life.

2 Likes

I like to have creative names but I don’t have any creativity for every pet I get for each hunter I have…

If the question had been: “What do you think about Hunters not naming their pets?”, my answer would be I think it’s a failing of the Hunter to appreciate/value their pet properly.
A Hunter’s pet is going to act the same, given name or no, but naming a pet is an indication of personal value, a human touch, and we are all humanoids, including obstreperous goblins.
I failed to name some of my pets. So, I am a failure some of the time. Yep.
Watermist, you are likely a better person than I am, more human, lol.
Maybe superhuman, to keep up with all your pets, on multiple Hunters.
I have one Hunter, and for years he ran with a Black Boar, named Bor, my first tame. As a Tenacity pet, he kept me alive many, many times. He got changed to a Cunning pet, so anymore, I run with a wolf, a Garn Nighthowl, named Garn. With his furious bite slow, he will do, until I can get my pig back.

They have incalculable value, our Hunter’s pets, our partners.

Geez, that was so not my intention. I’m sincerely sorry if I came off like that in my original post.

Sometimes I just don’t type down every thought that’s running through my mind.

With my first post, I was thinking, “But it’s fun to come up with names! It makes me laugh when I have to resort to some silly and dumb names for pets.”

And I got carried away without realizing that I forgot to actually write out the first sentence.

I really am sorry if I insulted you. I’m not saying you’re a failure AT ALL.

I’m just… saying that this stuff is fun for me.

1 Like

A few of my pet names,have a bumble bee named Tuna,a bat named man,two spiders Frick and Frack,two corpse flys Corpus and delecti,green core hound Booger,black Raven named Poe along with nevermore just to name a few

1 Like
  • Ish-ne-alo por-ah, may the Earthmother smile upon you.
    You never insulted me. You never named me a failure.
    I failed to name all my Hunter’s pets. I can live with it.
    I don’t run most of my pets.
    The ones I do run, they have Names. :grinning:
    Pet names… Kum-lai raven- Karakul. Felwood, diseased gazelle- Flensy

I dont name any of my pets cause … well they arn’t my friends they are simply meat shields and meat shields have no need for cool names … tank that thing while i kill it plz k thx