Have A Heart, People

You are assuming that every has the same knowledge about this individual as you, so they cannot make a mistake by calling them by their wrong pronoun on a forum post. That is wrong, people being called by their wrong pronouns happens all the time.

No. There was a thread on this. That is where I got all my information. I have alpha but I donā€™t read the story so I would never have known if not for this forum.

Assuming this isnā€™t bait, the idea is that you are ā€œborn anew.ā€
You are able to chose a new identity.

Itā€™s mostly my mentality that Iā€™m typically more curious about the how and why of something.

So now Iā€™m wondering if this is something that only the Kyrians can do, or is it something that everybody in the Shadowlands gets the option of.

I think it is only part of the ā€œbecoming a kyrian process.ā€
Since weā€™re not actually dead, we canā€™t go through any of the transformations.

That would be a pretty neat lore point. It really just reminds me the movie What Dreams May Come. In that movie there is a character that was a black man in life but in death chose to be a white male. Besides what we have seen of the Kyrians they may not look the same as they did when they were alive.

There are 3 possible levels of information:

1. Played alpha, read all the quest text, paid attention to the story. In that case, you might refer to Pelagos as ā€œthey/themā€ per the old text, or ā€œhe/himā€ per the new text and the forum post.

2. Did not play alpha, but read the forum post. In that case, you would refer to Pelagos as ā€œhe/himā€, which the blue post specifically stated were the appropriate pronouns.

3. Zero knowledge of the situation whatsoever. In that case, you could conceivably use ā€œthey/themā€ as the generic third person singular pronoun, or ā€œhe/himā€ as Pelagos uses a male character model.

There is no situation in which the appropriate pronoun based on your level of knowledge is ā€œsheā€. You would never even know there was a question of appropriate pronouns unless you specifically read about it, in which case you are deliberately using the wrong ones, presumably to troll people.

1 Like

I see he/she didnā€™t respond to you here. lol :laughing:

You forgot number 4 which is someone using the wrong pronoun based off the fact that someone else in the forum previously did, and then they thought that was the pronoun they went by when referencing them in the post. Hence, them not being privy to the information in your list.

People said in that forum post they were a she in lifeā€¦ and you keep on dismissing the idea that we donā€™t encounter this live and dead issue ever in our normal lives so are they really transgender anyway.

1 Like

Then by that logic, since we only encounter him when heā€™s male, should you not refer to him as he?

If youā€™re going to say he doesnā€™t fall under transgender because it is a life/death issue, then you should only call him ā€œheā€ because thatā€™s the only way we experience him.

2 Likes

So you jumped in mid thread and didnā€™t read the blue OP that clarifies all this?

Yes, because itā€™s not relevant.

Blizzard says Pelagos is trans, Blizzard writes the story, therefore Pelagos is trans.

None of those questions matter, people are in charge of their own behavior and if they are doing something to get reported then it was their behavior that caused it, not the person reporting it.

3 Likes

I will in the game.

Blizzard isnā€™t the arbiter of what trans means.

And do you not think that is what many other players on these forums do?

I have never seen blizzard come out and say they are transgender. Please provide a source for that because I didnā€™t see it.

Hence, the example that I used as number 4, and yet you just assumed that the person was ā€œtrollingā€ from making a mistake, and then falsely reported them without thinking of the possibility that maybe they didnā€™t know the same amount of information as you.

No.

Thereā€™s no excuse for crappy behavior.
If youā€™re cussing at my friends, being a douche to people in battlegrounds, being homophobic/ect, Iā€™m reporting.

I donā€™t care how bad your day was.
Weā€™re all having bad days lately. Itā€™s not an excuse.

The faster our communities stop being used as punching bags for frustrated people with no social skills the better.

5 Likes

I skimmed this thread, read some posts, saw some arguments about ā€œhateful speechā€, this and that.

All I see is people being experimented on. A big social experiment taking place, has been for years now and probably conducted by those few with too much money and time on their hands.

Iā€™ll probably be labeled a conspiracy theorist or something, insulted, etcā€¦ for this thought but it doesnā€™t really matter.

Doesnā€™t change the fact that this is happening. Has been for a long time now.

Lately itā€™s masks. Covid, 24/7. Itā€™s so incredibly boring. Itā€™s all over, too.
Tv, internet, people I come across when I go to the store, beach, etcā€¦ itā€™s everywhere.

People get mad at you if you mess up, call someone a ā€œheā€ or ā€œsheā€ or by their old name, not because youā€™re being rude but because you didnā€™t know something they expect you to know.
You get attacked, called names, canā€™t have a conversation, get excluded.

It sucks. Itā€™s outcasting others for just being themselves. Casting aspersions upon their character when you donā€™t even know them.

And itā€™s all because of that social experiment thatā€™s going on. This isnā€™t a theory, btw.
Itā€™s fact.

Itā€™s been talked about in corporate meetings, with big names youā€™d all know.
Those meetings are so very dull but if you can stay awake and listen, you hear them outline it.
That was about 10 years ago they outlined whatā€™s happening now.

Anyway, Iā€™d rather talk about whatā€™s going on either with the game or with the real world events.
Not some experiment weā€™re all getting sucked into. Thereā€™s got to be some good jokes somewhere but I doubt Iā€™ll find them here so Iā€™m going to go now.
'Bye.

3 Likes