Hati comes back in 8.1.5

That is right Hati returns and best part is it will be a questline like Gara and he won’t be forced on hunters who hated him.

If you don’t like him then don’t do the quest simple as that.

4 Likes

Wonder what will be needed to get Kul Tirans. Im exalted with 7th legion and close on Proudmoore.

You will likely need Exalted with Proudmoore Admiralty. 7th Legion was for Dark Iron Dwarves.

Personally, my main problem wasn’t so much Hati as it was the forced 2nd pet. Blizzard pet AI is pretty craptastic at best and adding a 2nd mandatory pet did nothing but hammer that home. That being said, as a main pet that acts no different than any other pet I have and Hati is fine

5 Likes

Although Hati is not smart friend, he is still good friend. I still miss him

7 Likes

I gave up on BFA after finishing the Zandalari quest line. I’d come back for Hati though. I lost my German shepherd to cancer and then losing Hati months later just about killed me. I’ll have to see what I need to do to get him back.

11 Likes

Exactly. Hati’s problem was Blizzard did not really code him well in regards to how be behaves versus the mechanics of pets. Like how he could path horribly and proximity aggro.

Did you join us at the Temple of Storms in the time before servers went down to deploy 8.0? A bunch of us were there saying goodbye… it was sad.

I hated that thing at first but when I saw in 8.0 he was being taken away and replaced by some horrible secondary system that was not well-developed at all and completely ignored feedback (i.e. making us tame a second pet to run with identical ones vs the Mimiron orb) I got mad.

Plus I grew to like the little bugger.

2 Likes

There should be something that would buff BM’s DPS if we use this new Hati as a 2nd pet. I wish they would make Animal Companion useful again just like when we had Pack Alpha. I missed the synergy of Pack Alpha with Animal Companion and Aspect of the Beast… then bring more Haste stats, it made our AoE so godly even against AoE gods like DH.

1 Like

100% agree.
Hati as a pet looks amazing, and I really enjoyed his backstory.
Being a second pet with atrocious AI was where I assume most complaints came from.

Now we’re able to get him back (assuming exotic for BM only), is fantastic!

2 Likes

Is Hati confirmed as becoming a pet? All I can find is just that he’s part of a quest. I can’t find anything that says he’s becoming a pet.

Hati was smarter than the animal companion and I really like the Essence swapper functionality.

Ditch Animal Companion and give us a Hati talent with the Hati AI and other perks.

3 Likes

I’m hoping He will be a spirit beast personally

1 Like

Since the height of my happiness was when I had my main pet, Hati and 4 mana cats all out at the same time, it never occurred to me that anyone wouldn’t want a second pet. I would run with a pack if I could. They keep taking away from us, so I console myself with playing independently with my pets out. I refuse to let them steal my fun for reasons that only make sense to them.

2 Likes

From what I just read on Wowhead and Petopia after we do the questline which is now on the ptr it does indeed reward him as a tame.

1 Like

so sorry too hear about the loss of your dog in such a way

1 Like

The main problem with Hati was that it didn’t work with Shadowmeld, so at least you can avoid the replacement talent now if you’d rather have a prowling pet on your Beast Master Night Elf.

What’s the nature of Hati going to be this time? Is it just another one in the list, does it replace the talented pet, or something else?

But it’ll be a second pet without the need of the specific talent?

I didn’t play Legion in depth, I really leveled through dungeons mostly and completed all the high mountain quests to unlock the taurens. I never ended up getting Hati.

When we have access to Hati in BFA anyone heard if it would rattle off it’s own say claw and kill commands, or we thinking will be exactly like the extra pet with animal companion ?

Huh, I always assumed he would just be a normal pet, and not a second pet.

Good god, do you run through the woods naked with wolves too? lol

1 Like