Hate to say it

but having no RDF is kind of a deal breaker for me. I leveled multiple toons back in the day and theres no mystery or excitement in those zones for me. Just grind. Can’t do it. I’m older now and have more responsibilities and a bit less gaming time. So to those of you playing Wrath for the first time-it was awesome. Enjoy.

6 Likes

I feel like so many people state this as if they are unique in their situation, yet it also seems like that’s representative of everyone who plays this game.

2 Likes

Bye :wave:

/10 chars

3 Likes

Weird that everyone found the time in vanilla classic and tbc classic.

Leveling isn’t so bad. About 3-4 hours/level if you’re being chill about it.

Your RDF group would not be efficient 12 min clears, so it wouldn’t be any faster really.

Form a strong dungeon group and you can do each level in about 2 hours

If you’re new then you’re screwed lol.

No shame about it. If you don’t have time you don’t have time. Especially if you already played WoTLK when it was current content. We all outgrow games.

Take a break, and give DF a try in a couple months.

That’s one of the main reasons so many of us want RDF, it allows more time to be spent playing

1 Like

It depends on the definition of “playing,” I suppose. While you’re in game, you’re playing in my opinion.

For the past couple of days, all Heroics groups I’ve joined have been World Tour groups. This is an interesting time to be playing and a situation that would much less likely occur (or even matter) if Dungeon Finder were a thing.

Regardless of how you feel about one or the other, it’s difficult to overlook the impact to shared social experiences over time that Dungeon Finder has.

i remember reading pathetic rationale by paypigs even back in the day when blizzard started introducing pay to win store options into the game, and it was just as pathetic a rationale then as it is now, goodbye, you wont be missed.

3 Likes

Not true. I’m younger and have a lot more time than during the original release.

2 Likes

I disagree, the lfg groups I get are no more social than the RDF ones I used to, RDF just makes grouping faster and easier which is what I meant by more time playing.

2 Likes

Well, we’re not all mages who control time! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Here’s how out of touch the devs are:

"We know that the Classic audience is more interested in long-term social engagement, that feeling that comes from reaching out to people, talking to them about how you’re going to group, trying to coordinate, who’s going to do what role walking to the dungeon together, trying to figure out how you’re going to get to the dungeon, who’s going to summon, maybe run into a PVP fight on the way,” Birmingham says. “And then you finally get in there and you have friends that stick together with you."

Yes. That’s exactly how it happens, Brian. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Dear Diary…

It’s ok Bodicca, you’re so good at the game you don’t even need a full party. You regularly 4-man these dungeons. You have the time.

Fair point. You never see “I have no obligations in life, and have all kinds of choices on how I spend my time” I know those folks exist, but having a life outside of gaming isn’t some outlier.

1 Like

Refreshing a group bulletin board is not playing.

I’m going to post what I usually post - and I’m going to post it in every RDF thread until we get it.

The reality is most people who don’t want RDF don’t even use group finder. They group with a guild or a Discord social. There’s no reason to be social anymore. There’s no mystique to the expansion. The fun and challenge has been patched and math’d out. Gamers have changed, not WoW. Every group I’ve ran with has been as quiet as a church mouse (sans a few tanks kicking people for no TBC gear). Hi’s happen, silence the entire run, then byes. There is no social aspect. There is no social engagement This was a ruse and lie - we all knew it was - it’s obvious now. The only true reality for RDF not being added, at this point, is dev laziness.

The worst part of it all is even if RDF was added this subsect of people who are obsessed with maliciously gatekeeping groups don’t even have to touch it. It’s not about others enjoyment, but their ability to ruin the game for others. Atypical juvenile gamer/twitch culture. This is overwhelmingly clear when you compare the behavior on forums to those against RDF. Unanimously trolls who don’t want the sanctity of their gameplay preserved (even though RDF was out in this patch) but want to control and ruin other’s gameplay.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.