Has communication gotten better from Blizzard?

That and, “We read the forums we just don’t comment on threads”.

Their PR is horrible, their communication is worse.

12 Likes

haha-hahahahhha–HAHAHAHHAAH

They say it will every year… yet somehow it keeps getting worse.

11 Likes

Ain’t it the truth!

2 Likes

No. There’s plenty of ways they could make it better and they flat refuse.

No, they went from ‘‘Sarcastic/condesending jerks’’ to ‘‘Moody Forum Lurkers’’

2 Likes

Umm…yes, it has improved. As evidence:

I think it has, just not in the way people want them to. People want it more town hall style rather than behind a a teleprompter. I mean they did attempt it once, the reddit thing but even then the amount of questions asked were pretty limited. I believe people really would prefer if someone was communicating on the forums on a more consistent basis, a bit more back and forth, especially class forums.

1 Like

I’ve long advocated for a class lead, (as well as, in a perfect world, a rep for each spec), that doesn’t have to work at Blizz central.

This person’s responsibilities would include bringing concerns (legitimate) to the Dev team, and would be intimately involved in both Alpha, Beta, and all phases of testing. NDA nonwithstanding, they would also communicate on the boards to their respective players about the state of said class.

Probably a bridge too far for this small, indie, company.

1 Like

no.

worse in fact, they claim they care but I havent seen anything that they quickly hotfixed based on feedback except really MINOR things.

One blue post in Bug Reports for PTR… Id say thats a no.

2 Likes

Class communication would go a long way imo.

1 post and you’re already praising and claiming it’s “improved”? sorry but you get impresed very easily.

Interesting insight from Ghostcrawler regarding communication

“What do you think of what’s happening currently with Battle For Azeroth and the way the devs are responding, I’d loved for an opinion of someone who went through that and how different you’d handle it?”

Look, I don’t know much about the state of WoW, or how the devs are handling feedback, and even if I did, those guys are my friends, so I’m not going to beat them up.

Instead, I will offer a generic strategy for devs to handle feedback. The general structure here is to imagine that players are unhappy with what you did with a feature (we will call that X), and for whatever reason, players believe that an alternate implementation (we will call that Y) would be better. Note that Y may or may not be better, but players believe it would be.

Option 1 is the best way to handle the feedback, though it’s not always feasible, on down to Option 6 being the worst way to handle the feedback.

1. You shipped X. Players want Y. You convince them why X is better. They now like X. (This is the Holy Grail, but it takes a lot of trust and good communication.)

2. You shipped X. Players want Y. You tell them that Y is coming. (This is the answer players almost always are looking for.)

3. You shipped X. Players want Y. You tell them why you think X is better. Players still want Y, but they understand your goals now. (This surprisingly can be pretty satisfying to players.)

4. You shipped X. Players want Y. You tell players you understand their viewpoint but aren’t sure yet what you’re going to do yet. (This is probably the most common answer. It’s not hugely satisfying, but it is authentic.)

5) You shipped X. Players want Y. You say nothing. (This is the easiest answer for devs.)

6) You shipped X. Players want Y. You tell them they’re wrong. (This burns trust and makes players less likely to accept your answer next time. However, note that it’s really just empathy and tone that separate this response, the worst answer, from Option 1, which I consider the best answer.)

Basically option 1 no longer possible since everyone already lose trust to Buzzard.

2 Likes

Did I say I was impressed? Please stop putting words in my mouth. The example I gave is indisputably an improvement on their communication. I was not praising them, I was stating a fact.

you said “improved” you’re already praising things.

“fact”? excuse me, far from starting anything here… 1 answer/thread doesnt make up for years for stubbornness from the dev’s, again far from “improved”

Bobby Kotick hasn’t bought his 4th yacht yet and then another even larger yacht to dock all his yachts into.

I kid I kid. I do think you might be right though, hell even just a person who at the very least talks with the class design community across all of them would do wonders. It seems at like any given time they have 2 actual forum communicators and that is it, the occasional post from Lore or one of the Devs but for the most part it is just the 2 who actually do stuff here directly.

Rofl…if you want them to change the past that’s impossible. They have never (or it’s been a very long time) put out a post this extensive about changes from an upcoming patch/game change. So yes, like it or not, that post is an example of improvement in communication. Whether they keep it going remains to be seen, but that doesn’t change that fact.

strongly disagree, it’s not improved for the majority of the players here or in game… less alone those that are unsubbed.

that’s a real fact

1 Like

no lol

There was a time, long ago in the days of double-digit millions of subs, when patches, even those of the X.Y.Z variety, were accompanied by extensive Dev notes.

Those days, and by and large, those devs, are long gone.

1 Like