Has communication gotten better from Blizzard?

To be fair I saw a lot more saying to just scrap the pointless grind and retention mechanics.

1 Like

So it’s your perspective on how it happened. Not arguing that it DIDN’T happen, but without seeing proof of that conversation, it’s just as possible that the decision was made for other reasons. They don’t tell us their reasons, they just do stuff and leave it up to the individual player to come up with the “why.”

And that is called “a completely unreasonable request that will not be done mid expansion”.

Yes. My perspective is what actually happened, happened. The community suggested something. Later the community suggestion is seen implemented in game.

I have never seen an MMO company give a huge reason/line of thinking for every single change they ever implement.

Why?

I don’t have a lot of faith in wow players as a whole but even I doubt a large amount of them are hanging around because they want to grind ap.

How many forums are you on with other games? Not other Activision-Blizzard products but other game companies. You should sit in on FFXIV’s forums and see the interaction between the developers and the players. (I’m not a big fan of FFXIV, but they certainly know how to interact with their players.)

1 Like

Because they aren’t going to abandon/scrap a keynote expansion feature mere months into an expansion before they try to make it better.

That is unreasonable.

I have been on a few. WoW is not my first rodeo. I would be willing to bet real life dollars I can find changes FFXIV has implemented that they did not give a long winded explanation explaining.

Once again. I am not saying the communication could not be better, or that many of the suggestions so far wouldn’t make it better. Only disagreeing with the gross exaggeration that there has been none…or has not improved at all.

Fair enough.

But the fact that they are even considering such an act speaks volumes about this expansion and the devs.

VOLUMES.

You don’t fool anyone here, at least not me.

You say they implement things, sure but at their own time and with their own rules (not asked by the community) not when it’s too late and far too gone (legendaries on 7.3).

Take for example as the 4th thread from blizzard asking for feedback for IE’s

people went deeply on loot, what they did? nerfed some annoying mobs that they should have never existed to begin with, ignored the majority asking for loot drop rate increase.

1 Like

I have not seen them considering scrapping it, though? Did I miss something?

Was it though? Even in beta every saw it as junk it’s why class tuning didnt happen till a couple weeks before launch and was so rushed from them gutting a even worse system.

For those wondering what it’s like to be a alpha tester for blizzard it kinda feels like watching this:

I am not trying to fool anyone. The routinely change things based on community feedback. Is it enough? No. They definitely should have done more.

And of course they do it at the own time with their own rules. Who’s else rules should they follow?

While class tuning was a complete garbage show, it started happening about 3ish months before launch. They stopped class tunning about 3 or so weeks before launch. About 3ish weeks before launch is when we got the “sorry ele/enh/spriest. we ran out of time, and any changes we want to tune/monitor on PTR before we push them live. So hopefully in 8.1” speech.

And no. They aren’t going to scrap a major beta feature in Beta. Once again. Unreasonable. If anything they will try to make it better. Did they succeed? IMO no. I think the changes coming in 8.2 should have been how Azerite should have worked from day 1.

They will suffer for their arrogance then. I am genuinely curious to see if wow can survive classic wow at this point.

1 Like

How is that arrogant? Its almost as arrogant as forum posters with zero video gaming industry experience trying to tell people performing jobs that the posters dont qualify for…how to do their job.

I think they should feel honored I’m giving them such prime feedback. Given the state of the game they should hire me on for three times the pay of lead project supervisor they really cant afford not to

2 Likes

Softball questions like…

Any specifics for the release timeframe of Kul Tiran and Zandalari?

OMG! Who cares about allied races!? It’s not like anyone bought this game because of the new races. It’s not like anyone has been complaining about having to wait for these to be available.

Can you explain the rationale behind Alliance getting the opportunity for ilvl 400 gear this week?

No big deal. No one on the Horde cares about a little head start for the allies. Waste of time to even discuss this.

Seeing as the War Mode bonus has been at 30% for the Alliance, does this team feel like this has been a failure at balancing?

We all know WM is just fine. No one is even thinking about this.

What is being done about server stability and lag?

What lag? I haven’t noticed any issues. Stop wasting my time because some basement dweller can’t run AV at 900 FPS on a potato.

Can we get a Valor Point system which we can use to upgrade gear?

Do not want! Next!

Can PvP please get some sort of vendor?

No. All the gear is right there in your UI. Clearly the current system is just fine. Can we please talk about something someone actually cares about?

Will there be a way to punish players that abandon keystone runs midway?

Another one-in-a-million scenario that Ion decided to spend 45 minutes talking about. Seriously, who thought up such abstract and nonsensical questions?

When are you bringing back class-specific sets?

There has been literally ZERO complaints about raid gear during BfA. The people don’t care!!!

Can we get more information about the Heart of Azeroth in 8.2?

Why? It’s not like the system is going through a major change due to player feedback? The HoA will be exactly the same in 8.2 as it is now. It’s like asking how traffic lights will work in 8.2.

What conversations have been held about the GCD change?

What’s a GCD and what does it have to do with WoW? Probably some sort of pet battle toy store mount coding lingo that no one even knows exist.

Are there any class reworks in 8.1.5?

Why would there be? Should we waste time asking if there are going to be any trans characters in 8.1.5 as well? When are we going to talk about real issues?!?!11!!

There is a difference between not being talked to and not being told what you want to hear. If you stick your fingers in your ears and scream until mommy buys you a cookie or Blizz removes pathfinder, you just might not hear the responses to the other important questions.

50€ has been deposited into your account.

I think it has, just not in the way people want them to. People want it more town hall style rather than behind a a teleprompter.
(…)
I believe people really would prefer if someone was communicating on the forums on a more consistent basis, a bit more back and forth, especially class forums.

I fully agree.