Has anyone tested outlaw pvp on ptr

seeing alot of comments but not sure if anyone has tried to play it in pvp on ptr. how does it look?

PTR is pretty dead to test stuff unless you got pals, been trying.

My biggest thing is how are folks doing damage because while it’s getting a ton tankier and can actually stand to toe with the OPS, it doesn’t have nukes like Sin/Sub and most damage setup on outlaw is super clunky.

I’ve been trying Cheap > SnD > mfd Between the eyes > sin strike til Opportunity/Greenskin proc and looking for a kidney on someone

or MfD kidney > sin strike and pray for Opportunity > BtE + Pistol shot.

but both feel very meh. I’m only 214 ilvl and the biggest Pistol Shot I’ve seen in arena is 12k.

Prob gon concede and run dreadblades for opener and go for Greenskin go mid game

2 Likes

As others have said Outlaw just needs more damage in PVP.

More burst would be nice but not mandatory. I have tested all the upcoming changes for Sub and Outlaw and this is what I found so far.

The value of the new reworked Control is King comes from a full energy bar after a KS. The free SND that comes from opening from CS is nice but nothing special.

Drink Up Me Hearties is hard to test without enough people on the PTR but it has potential based on the numbers I am seeing. Combined with talents and soul binds it has good synergy with teammates.

Enduring Brawler is nothing special so far but that could change until we see final PTR notes. Ramp up is way too long for it to matter. I didn’t notice a big difference with damage either but I could be wrong.

Float like a Butterfly combined with certain conduits and invigorating shadow dust legendary has interesting potential. By being able to have Feint up any time needed as the CD is reset fairly easily due to baseline CDR, True Bearing rolls, and invigorating shadow dust. And Feint duration is also being increased by 1 second for all Rogue specs in patch 9.1. Having Evasion up more often comes in handy against a lot of melee/Hunters.

Boarding Party is still mainly a niche BG talent on flag maps or in epics like AV/IoC/WG. Fun to use but not as powerful as lets say Smokebomb.

Take your Cut is still a solid choice and helps provide a nice boost of damage.

The biggest improvement to Outlaw is mobility and it is actually due to buff to Maneuverability. With CDR reduction baseline, and TB rolls you basically have Sprint up whenever you need to break a root or stay on target.

It is like having Burst of Speed back again but on a 30s CD. Combined with Invigorating shadow dust and you have Sprint up whenever you want.

The other real big change to Outlaw is the change to BF.

For Sub I think that the Gloomblade buff is flying under the radar and I wouldn’t be surprised to see more PVP Sub Rogues gravitate toward Gloomblade again. The loss of
Cold Blood may force PVP Sub Rogues to look for more sustain damage rather than burst but hard to tell with PTR being a ghost town.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

Yea I really think it needs some sort of %hp damage attached to it, with all its damage being physical and bleeds being a Sin thing a small like 3% hp damage attached to dispatch would be unique.

I prob wont spec out of this talent for 3s. 20% hp and more sin strikes are more combo points, more main gauche procs. Even more so if you’re Night Fae Grove buff. I don’t see how you wouldn’t have it at max stacks by the 2nd blinding powder/20% more stam for fleshcraft

It plays into the spec imo it being more sustained and the antithesis sorta to the other rogue specs by restless blades.

Def value weighted more on KS but the SnD is a nice QoL and you dont have to fish for dead globals or spend ruthlessness on it.

Think Deos brought up Grand Melee being a huge thing to him and honestly if CiS gave a 15s Grand Melee buff instead of SnD it’d feel a lot better imo.

Enduring Brawler also has potential with the Triple Threat conduit and badge trinket, so very possible. Loss of Plunder Armor with Enduring Brawler as a replacement seems okay but hard to tell until it goes live.

A small bump up of 5% damage would do the trick for the spec.

For Sub it is also hard to tell because it depends upon final numbers and also how PVP gear will scale in PVP what the final item level numbers are decided upon for PVP.

And then there is Assassination which is going to be easily ace with dismantle back.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man: