Harrassed while posting

tried submitting a ticket no response, tried posting in the forums about this guy on the forums, he follows me to every post to troll my comments, hes on ignor but he still posts on EVERY single comment i make, he insults, berates, even seen him using racist comments to others, hes been reported repeatedly and nothing is done to this guy. is he brian birmingham on an alt or what? is there a better place to report this kind of activity or will his activity just be allowed?

2 Likes

Not against the rules. Anyone with an account in good standing is allowed to post.

The content of his post may not follow the Forum CoC, but just the act of posting does not violate any rules. You don’t get to choose who does or does not post.

Then flag those posts (if on the forums) or report the chat lines (if in game). That’s all you can do.

You do not know what has or has not happened to him. Account actions are between Blizzard and that person. You are never going to be told by Blizzard, and some people don’t learn from warnings or even short suspensions.

By the way, you will want to remove the name. We are not allowed to call out others like that, as that in and of itself is a form of harassment.

Edit to add: I viewed your post history to see what this “harassment” is. I don’t see any level of harassment. I see you being passionate about RDF in Classic (passionate is the favorable term; obsessed might be better, as you have hundreds of posts about it in a very short time), and them being just as passionate about not having it.

Blizzard does not just take suggestions from the thread creator and that’s it. The discussion of those suggestions is just as important. If someone has a different viewpoint, then ignore them (either with the ignore feature, or simply not responding). While I didn’t view every single response, none that I saw would be anything harassing or insulting, or racist.

7 Likes

I’d recommend removing their name from the title of your post. We are not allowed to name and shame on the forums.

As Melaesia mentioned, you need to flag any of their posts that actually violate the rules.

9 Likes

As mentioned, any player may comment in any open thread they wish, as long as they abide by policy. Even if you ignore them, that doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to post.

That is another matter, and should be reported.

While I’m not able to provide details, I can guarantee you that isn’t at all true. Please continue to report any posts you believe may violate policy. Though, you said you had them on ignore, so I’m not sure how you are seeing them.

11 Likes

because other people are responding to his statements by quoting him and calling him out for being a troll and a racist.

Ah! That makes sense. Thanks.

1 Like

ty all for the help. will continue to keep him on ignore and just let others deal with him i guess.

2 Likes

you can try this address- sometimes it works. I had someone do that to me for 6 months and couldn’t get anything done (on the old forums) but one email to this address and he never did it again.

wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com

2 Likes

will give it a shot.
tyvm for the help

As you have stated in your OP that you, indeed, did report them for the behavior of insults, you notice the behavior is still going on. Blizzard will not let any of us know what type of discipline they use as far as broadcasting it, however, they have it in plain sight what is to be expected.

i cant report everything as im limited on how many times i can report, and now i have him ignored all i can see is people quoting this disgusting trollish person commenting against every post make and they are calling him out on it.

2 Likes

Ok, just let him/her live their life, and wipe your hands from it because you did what you needed to do. You know what they say about feeding the trolls. HAHA :smiley: Take care!

1 Like

Which is why you’re only supposed to report posts that go against the CoC.

I believe the OP know that as they stated it.

1 Like

This is the thing. You spend valuable personal time reporting these toxic people and tbh if there is racist stuff in there Blizzard should be on top of it anyway. Lack of moderation and automated systems contribute to people getting away with it.

Blizzard do proper moderation of the forums and stop being so cheap. You get our moneys!!

There is no lack of moderation, but Blizzard is reactionary. You need to report it. They take reports in the order they are received. Moderation reports are reviewed by a human being and a human being applies account action if warranted.

Automated moderation is not the solution. It doesn’t take long for players to figure out how to get around automatic moderation. As well, automated moderation tends to over react to benign posts. You would get account action for posting things entirely within the Code of Conduct.

6 Likes

I was not advocating for auto-mod. I would like to see proper moderation on these forums that act on toxicity, swiftly without having to report or create tickets. Back in the day we even had Game Masters overseeing the realms.

There is none of that in WOW now which leads to toxic environments, and it is about money, you would need more employees.

Ironically from a somewhat similar thread locked up just this morning. So I’m sorry, but your memory is faulty in this instance. They have always been reactionary - needing the reports before they turned their gaze to a certain time and space. Now, they absolutely used to interact with folks back in the day, both in appearing in-game as well as the chat popping up in response to an issue, but that is a rare occurrence anymore.

5 Likes

im not allowed to name him in here but youve now had an interaction with the subject.

1 Like

Only happened in one zone on one realm. Did not happen anywhere else.

Automated moderation does not work properly. It lets violations pass through. It blocks normal topics and conversations.

If there were automated moderation on the forums, this thread would have been deleted. Not because it breaks the Code of Conduct but because automated moderation looks for key words. Discussing harassment would trigger enough key words to cause an automated system to take action.

Toxicity in the game and on the forums is caused by the players not moderation. An automated system will not fix that. An automated system could make it worse. There would be players who work to see how toxic they can get before the automation kicks in. Once they found the threshold they would post at that level of toxicity all the time. Regular players would stop posting because they wouldn’t want to fall afoul of the automation.

Will we ever have automated moderation? Probably at some point. Will it stop the toxicity? Probably not.

Edit:
In order for active moderation of the forums, the moderation team would need to be a lot larger. And it wouldn’t act like you would want. Your iudea of what is toxic or harassing may not be the same as what Blizzard feels is toxic or harassing. So posts you feel that should be removed won’t be because they don’t actually break the Code of Conduct. It would look like Blizzard isn’t doing anything because they didn’t remove something you felt they should have.

Active moderation would also mean that players would stop reporting things that needed to be reported as they would feel that Blizzard didn’t need them to do it. That’s what happened the one time they did active moderation in the game. Players flocked to that zone on that realm and worked to see how far they could go before the GM doing the moderation suspended them. And the toxicity got worse because players stopped reporting because Blizzard was there. Even with active moderation players would need to report violations. Things could be missed because the moderator was working on something else.

5 Likes