"Harnessing the Power" bugged, cant do quest or get Essence

Tried making a ticket, but the ticket submission kept timing out :upside_down_face:

Quest, “Harnessing the Power”

Basically, I used my “Petrified Ebony Scale”, and it turned into the 100g vendor trash item. However, the essence doesnt appear in my essence menu. Talking to Mother only gives the flavor text option, Ebonhorn and Magni dont have anything to say, and when I click on the heart forge it just pops up the menu that shows the empty essence slot, and no options to plug an essence in. I tried turning off all add ons, dying and going back to my corpse, un-equipping and re-equipping the heart, nothing seems to work. I cant even abandon the quest. Now I have no essences, the ui alert that I have “an open essence slot”, and I cant even do more Nazjatar stuff since I havent finished the Magni questline. :frowning:

3 Likes

Seems I didnt post on right toon, this Priest is the one in question! - OP

same issue… no essence in bags :frowning:

1 Like

Was there a resolution to this? I encountered the same problem yesterday.

I also have this problem , i opened a ticket and have almost a 24 hour wait time. i’ve followed the recommmended steps and nothing works.
Did you find a fix?

Several months later and the game breaking bug still exists. Ran into it yesterday. Opened a ticket 18 hours ago, still no response. Way to go Blizzard!

Did anyone know how to fix this? opened a ticket a day ago but still stuck in this quest, ugh

I did all the steps, clicked the scale, it put the essence in the list. I clicked the list, moved the essence to the open slot, it took it, i put the essence on the toolbar… then realized the quest step didn’t complete. Now I cannot “put” the essence into the slot… because it is already there. Can’t delete the quest, can’t progress on the cloak. Can’t complete Harnessing the Power with Magni. My group all got through it but now I can’t keep playing with them. Fix this stuff!! Jeez

OKAY… LOGGED all the way out, closed the game… just doing the reload didn’t work … and the quest is completed on Magni and I can keep progressing.

Having the same issue. Tried Cho’s suggestion of logging out. Got the trash item, the level 50 neck, but no essence and no quest progress. Also tried leaving the area, and logging out in a different area.

Confirming that the same issue happened to me today – I activated the Petrified Scale and it turned into the Shattered Dragonscale, but no essence appeared for my Heart of Azeroth. Submitted a ticket and we’ll see what happens.

After not playing for several years I started again. I was able to complete this quest on a different toon, but for Ffont - Darrowmere I have the same bug. Tried resetting the interface, tried a complete exit. Totally stuck. Did this ever get fixed? Is there a fix?