Harm/Heal Mouseover Macro

I am looking to make a marco that I can cast on mouseover. LIke mouse over a enemy cast flame shock, mouseover a friendly Cast Healing wave. Everything i have done only casts one or the other unless i have a enemy targeted. Can anyone help me out there?

It would help to see the macro you are using to troubleshoot it.

One common mistake with mouseover macros is not including and existance conditional. There are 3 of these: help, harm, and exists. (Help is for friendlies, harm is for enemies, and exists is for when you want it to work on both.)

The other common macro error is getting conditionals out of order. (Each conditional is what is between the brackets [ ].) The game evaluates them from left to right, and once it finds one that is true, it does the thing.

So, a simple mouseover help/harm macro looks like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead]Flame Shock;[mouseover,help, nodead]Healing Wave

The above will completely ignore what you have targeted. If you don’t have a mouseover target, it won’t do anything, even if you have a target selected.

If you want it to default to your target when you don’t have a mouseover, it can get a bit more complicated, because you have to decide what takes priority. If you have an both enemy target and friendly mouseover, which one do you want to cast on? The order of your conditionals will decide which gets priority.

So, if you want both the friendly and enemy mouseovers to be given priority over targets:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help, nodead]Healing Wave;[@mouseover, harm, nodead][harm]Flame Shock;Healing Wave

If you wanted to prioritize an enemy target over a friendly mouseover, you’d want something like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead][harm]Flame Shock;[@mouseover, help, nodead][]Healing Wave
3 Likes

Pins are your friend.