Hardcore on Bloodsail Buccaneers

So, who is having fun playing hardcore on Bloodsail? You guys have any fun stories to share while we wait on maintenance? or share any ideas about fun tournaments we could do?

1 Like

No it sucks so far. I died at 19 on my lock, and 24 on my warrior on the alliance side, mainly because I got to covky on both. On my warrior I never got below 60% until I died, then suddenly I pull a group and yeah its no big deal I will get the first mod down then work on the other 2. Miss, miss, miss, ok maybe I should run away. They slow me, no biggie I have a potion. Oh wait I used the wrong potion. Panic kicks in and I run into another group. Dead! I took 2 weeks off after that it really stung because I should have just ran away right off the bat. Got to cocky. Anyways I started a new toon on the horde side this time. I picked the toon I am most familiar with a shaman, so if I can’t get this one to at least 50ish I think I’m done with hardcore for awhile.

3 Likes

I’d say if you are struggling with your first, level engineering up while you level and keep training dummies stocked on you.

They are essentially get out of jail free cards the majority of the time for bad pulls.

Though, this all depends on how cocky you get :laughing:

3 Likes

Having a blast, can’t wait for official 1 life servers tho!

5 Likes

Yeah, what Knetik said I got a hunter to 30 and died the target dummies would have been great. I am leveling a priest now and I AM leveling engi for the dummies lol… And when you say it sucks do you mean you hate it and don’t know why you are doing it, or do you mean it is tough, but I still like the challenge?

It would be interesting to see how blizzard would implement HC servers. One thing I am excited about after watching the Wailing Cavern tourney this past weekend. Is the community coming up with specific hardcore challenges we can all participate in and get to know one another.

1 Like

It’s very doubtful ‘HC servers’ would ever be implemented in the near future because to the majority of players it’s like watching paint dry. Blizzard is a seasoned enough company to realize when a fad is very brief and transient and hardcore just does not have a large enough interest outside of 2-3 months of popularity to warrant resources or development time.

1 Like

I can’t imagine it being hard to launch a new era server and remove any feature that allows you to res.

I think having one server be designated as HC wouldn’t be an issue there is a list of servers right now all low pop. Pick one of those and like Controversy said just take away the rez option. bing bang boom simple right?

1 Like

You’d think so. I love Hardcore and that a community made it possible. Not a huge fan of all these made up rules though. That’s why we need an official server.

2 Likes

I like the addon and some of its functionality, it is what we have to use right now and shout out to the people who created it and are updating it frequently, but I think having a dedicated server with a no rez option would be a good foundation and once in that world we could have specific guilds or communities on the server that wanted to implement other restrictions like no hit runs or no talents run…The addon at that point could be used to verify those types of achieve runs. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am sympathetic to those who find the HC addon too behavior restrictive. That said, for me the restrictions are well worth it because they entirely remove all the pay-to-win methods that have invaded the game.

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t mean I hate it literally, I meant I hate it in terms of its very tough lol. I am having fun and I am liking the horde side a little better than alliance. The reason is not as many people are playing hardcore on the horde side so I am fiding lots of chests with good loot and very little competition for mobs.

2 Likes

Blizzard is braindead just make 2 servers 1 pve And 1 pvp do hc stuff on pve server. No need to have them screw up implementing a new idea they can’t handle that they’re a small indy company.

2 Likes