Harassment on the forums from same person

Is there a way to ignore an entire account or do you have to keep using forum ignore on every character they have?

I don’t know the answer, and this is more a curiosity.

Hiw do you know it is the same person on different toons? Did you compare pets or something?

Is it at all possible it might not be the same person?

I just notice the guild name and realm are the same.

For WoW, you will need to ignore each Character. They are treated separately by the forum software.

That may change someday if Blizz changes how trust levels/flagging are handled on the WoW forums.

Edit - Not agreeing with you is not trolling you, harassing you, or other wise attacking you. Saying “that is your stance” - is a true statement. Saying that someone feels you did not make a good argument (without insults), is not an attack. An attack is calling you bad names and insulting you with irrelevant statements.

Keep in mind, reporting people who don’t actually break the forum rules, is a violation of the Code of Conduct when abused.

8 Likes

Posting “reported for trolling” is spam. Either report them or don’t. It doesn’t require a post from you.

“Fake news” is really vague and doesn’t say what you seem to think it does. Your arguments would actually be a lot better if you left this lame term out of them.

Saying “strawman” is an empty statement. If you feel their post is a strawman argument, dispute the argument and leave the word “strawman” out of it. it ends up being meaningless when used frequently.

5 Likes

Ad hominem attacks made against you are harassment.

No they aren’t.

6 Likes

Nasty slurs, insults intended to pick a fight…yes. But that is really trolling - picking a fight or flame bait.

Saying you are wrong, or that someone does not think you know what you are talking about - no. They just have to say it politely.

Now, ad hominem may be a great debate point to say someone is derailing the convo, but unless it crosses to following you around the forums saying really nasty things to you all the time, it is not harassment.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to say, the same guild and realm does not necessarily mean it is the same person.

I am sorry you are having this happen. I truly am. However after reading a few posts after this one, ala not agreeing, or explaining why an argument is weak, etc., that does not necessarily mean they are trolling as well. I am not trolling you in this response, for example, in saying that same guild and realm are not guaranteed the same person on alts.

5 Likes

Back in TBC and Wrath one of my guild-mates was a regular poster in some of the Community forums while I posted in the Support forums and General Discussion. Same guild. Same realm (because it was before connected realms). Different players.

1 Like