Halls of origination stage 7 boss

Sh*th’rus the Manipulator ( Sun Prophet Tenhamen) at stage 7, does mad aoe damage, any tips?

LOL, i had to edit the name sh*t for this forum, but that’s how it’s spelled in the game.

1 Like

Run as far away as possible when he casts his primary spell. The damage lessens the further away you are.

Oh ya? Even more than 40 yards, which I think was the distance I was mostly.

I know this wasn’t for me or my question, but this helped me way more than you know, thanks! :smiley:

I was able to get through this fight on 2/10 of my eligible characters. The others i just hearthed and it let me proceed the next day. The point where he changed into the squid head thingy absolutely wrecks me. I was able to interrupt the first faze stun.

Stay far away and let Bronzebeard do the heavy lifting.

1 Like

Finally did this… holy crud that was hard! L120 Demon Hunter, iLvl 393. Running only got me death. I had to keep running in circles around him using Chaos Strike as much as possible so that I could recover the health and fury enough to stay alive and keep swinging. I died a lot. The thing I tried that worked was this. Before he changes, I just stuck to Demon’s Bite and Chaos Strike pretty much exclusively, and just ran in circles around him at the same time. Once he changed, I threw everything I had at him. I cast Metamorphasis so that I could maximize my damage on him. Concentrated Flame took a huge chunk of him out, as did Fel Barrage, Nemesis, even my AOE spells.

All I can tell you is to try and remain a little conservative in the beginning and just stay alive, this way, you won’t be stuck needing a high-powered spell and having it stuck in cooldown. Also, I’d suggest metamorphasis at least, and Concentrated Flame if you have it. Maximum DPS is the goal, ignore your health and just keep swinging. I won with pretty much no health at all. I thought I was a gonner.

The key is to hold back as much as possible and let Muradin hit him down. Make sure you have ready access to health potions if your class doesn’t have amazing healing abilities.

Was much easier with a ilvl 400 char. I tried with a ilvl 370 char and just could not dish out enough dps before I ran out of health from the huge AOEs.

There is no reason to bash your head on it with a 370 character. Spend more time getting benthic gear in nazjatar and a few more days of WQ gear and/or some lucky emissaries.

1 Like

Welp, I just did this on a Retribution Pally at ilvl 327.

Keeping away and having the benefit of Divine Steed, Divine Shield and Lay on Hands as a last resort REALLY helped.

1 Like

Thank you! I kept dying then read this post and got him killed as a iLvl 292!

First phase on the attack spell that he does don’t look at him turn away and then attack the hell out of him
Second phase stay as far away as you can and let the dwarf do the work

1 Like

This exactly. I did this, and immediately downed the boss. Nice tip, Biglittleguy. Thank you!

1 Like

So it’s like when they opened the ark in Raiders of the lost ark, don’t look at it! How do you identify each phase, what spells is he casting during those phases?

I could not get this stage done on a 341 shadow priest at first. I got it as Holy. I went holy, kept my distance, kept my back to the boss on both stages, and healed through the dmg and the npc did all the work

1 Like

Got it done on a 310 outlaw rogue after several tries; anytime I tried actually doing any close range damage I got stomped pretty fast. Get rid of the trash in the room before you start the fight, they’ll just slow you down.

Spammed Crimson Vial as often as possible, used Sprint when I could to literally do laps around the room. Riposte helped a bit for when I couldn’t outrun him. Otherwise I let Magni do almost all the work.

The solution for squishy toons is run fast and let Magni handle it. Interrupt casting if you can. It feels kinda cheap but hey, it works, and it’s a silly fight anyway.

Did it at 300 with this DH. Throw Glaive to start fight and never hit him again. Just run the whole length of the shifting floor area. The only tricky part is turning around to run back. Try to run down one side of the alley way then back up the other side so the boss does not get too close. When he morphed in phase 2 I ran behind a pillar for protection - don’t know if that matters. Only needed the ‘run away fast’ technique once. Thanks to the others who clued me in.

ilvl 293 rogue and I just used LoS on pillars and my kick to block his damage abilities. Didn’t have to do any damage to him.

1 Like