Halls of Infusion Gauntlet issues and options

I am making this post because of the poor experience I had in Halls of Infusion yesterday.
I went with my friend to run some m0s and mostly enjoyed the experience, but then I faced the gauntlet before the last boss of Halls of Infusion.
I was wondering at first if there was something I was missing or if I should activate a switch to stop the waves from coming.
To my surprise, nothing other than killing all the drakes and the many waves of monster with it could stop it from going.

Here are the issues with it:

1. There are too many waves. You can’t dodge them all to begin with since there are some double waves and if you are a caster, u can barely do any cast for the whole gauntlet. There are no safe spot to pull the pack to outside of maybe pulling the full gauntlet back to before the bridge to hide.

2. This issue is linked to the first one. You get punished very hard from falling in the water as you are sent to the beginning of the gauntlet very slowly. With the quantity of waves, you are going to be hit and if you’re unlucky at all, it may mean you wait 10 seconds to get back up and have to run through tons of waves to reach your group again.

3. There does not seem to be a clear way to know when the gauntlet ends. We killed the drakes and had to clear 2-3 more waves of small adds while getting pushed left and right before the mini boss finally came down.

4. The damage dealt by the wave is very high considering how many time you get hit.

The whole gauntlet was simply frustrating instead of challenging. There is nobody who likes to be pushed left and right with no solution to the problem other than get hit and be unable to play the game as a caster.

Solutions:

1. The first thing I would is reduce the amount of wave coming our way by at least 50%.
  2. The second thing would be to not allow 2 waves to fill the whole bridge giving players no safe spot. Make the middle a safe spot at least for that. (Tbh, it might be the case and I wasn’t able to hit the sweet spot, but if not then this should be added.)
  3. Have the mini boss activate as soon as the drakes die. No waiting time while wave of elemental keep spawning.
  4. This might not be as important if the rest is done but make it so you get put back on the bridge next to where you fall instead of the beginning if you make waves unavoidable.

This is my thoughts after a very frustrating gauntlet. I hope at least some ideas are considered and added quickly to improve the experience I am having in the dungeon.

Thanks for your time

2 Likes

So in other words, you don’t understand the mechanics so instead of asking how to do it it automatically needs to be nerfed? That’s not how this works.

When you start the gauntlet, you have two options. On m0 where it’s not timed, it’s definitely a lot easier to just grab all 3 dragons then pull them to the back of the gauntlet and take them down. In keys where it’s timed, you’re going to have to hug the pillar. If you hug the pillar, you won’t get hit by the waves. While you’re behind the pillars, you can pull the dragons, nuke them down there, and then bob and weave to the next pillar and to the miniboss. Once the miniboss is dead, the gauntlet is over.

There’s a few things that need to be addressed in this dungeon, such as the puddles on the last boss being hard to see due to the color of the room, but the gauntlet is fine the way it is. If it’s too hard for too many, I could see them reducing the spawn rate on the droplets or even reducing the damage they cause, but I don’t see much more than that. The actual waves portion you just have pay attention.

3 Likes

From my experience the mini boss comes down when every static mob on the bridge is killed. The little elementals that are spawning at regular intervals and approaching you don’t mean much, but once the final add on the bridge that was there when the Gauntlet started dies is when I’ve had the boss come down.

1 Like

i have this weird feeling that will get “fixed”

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, but it is not intuitive whatsoever to get that mechanic while being pushed back constantly. With that said, I did mention the possibility of being able to avoid waves in my 2nd point with pillar but had to do a lot during that pull so wasn’t able to test it properly the 1 time I ran it.
I’ll test it out properly today doing m0s and come back to say how it feels knowing that.

1 Like

The pillars are clearly there to break the water, I’d believe spawn rates would get nerfed well before any los stuff.

2 Likes

I would think so too but we had killed all drakes and it took at the very least 10 seconds after if not more for the mini boss to finally come down. It felt weird for sure.

There are static water elementals after the double dragon pull in between the second and third pillar. The dragons are not the cutoff for the mini boss.

You have to physically go to the mini boss for him to come down. Easiest way is for the tank to go that way bobbing and weaving the waves while the dps and healer sit on the pillar until the mini boss is active, then the tank drags him back to the pillar and you nuke him down.

one-shot it both weeks, in pugs.

/shrug

must be the skill. (of my healer)

1 Like

That’s intended purpose.

Anyways, we just have the tank rush the drakes and jump in the water while rest of the group waits back. Then we do that again for the mini boss in the end.

ezpz lmnzsqsy. not sure if itll work in m+ but who knows?

3 Likes

Im sure a similar strat will work in M+, probably involving a rogue using tricks to send everything to the rest of the party who are waiting at the beginning of the gauntlet. But this dungeon won’t be in M+ for many months anyway so it’s hardly worth worrying about right now.

It’s probably better for the tank to just jump in the water, no?
The mobs will have to go back regardless.

Better maybe but also probably slower. If you send a rogue to get the mobs right at the back, the rest of the group can be killing the first 5 mobs while they wait for the rest to arrive.

In reality you only really need to drag the dragons back because the other mobs don’t have a frontal so fighting them while running around pillars isn’t as much of an issue.

I mean I’m sure it’s gonna get reworked either way…but the drakes do a frontal and can you imagine this on volcanic and storming weeks :wink:

Yeah I can see the logic to squeeze out a few seconds, but I’d reckon not every group will have misdirects ready.

I think the waves should be slightly thinner or slightly more spaced out. They’re wide, forcing you to move a fair bit, and if they alternate, you barely have time to get a cast off.

I found it pretty easy as a healer, and it would be even easier as a DPS who doesn’t have to monitor health bars.

You can see well in advance which side the waves are coming on. Frankly I don’t see the issue, it’s a little challenging the first time or two you do it but after that it’s pretty simple. The mobs themselves aren’t particularly dangerous. I could maybe see it getting chaotic with certain area denial affixes, but other than that it’s fairly easy.

Also the waves stop when you kill the mini boss at the end.

The only issue I had with it was the double wave during the actual elemental boss. I’m not really sure yet what your suppose to do, I did split the middle successfully once but when I tried it again this week I got hit.

The issue is that the the dragons have a frontal and it’s very easy for people to get hit by that frontal when the tank is moving around trying to dodge the waves.

if you can’t immune it, you’ve got to get right behind a pillar. that might mean backtracking to the pillar behind you, depending on the timing.