Had a legit AV group, still lost hard

No you can’t. You cut left and come from below. You have an entire long choke to call out a bridge incoming. For backdoor you have till they turn the corner and come into sight.

The difference in calling a bridge inc and a BD inc is massive.

1 Like

Perhaps you’re not standing in the right spot? Standing on the WingMasters lets you see the whole Ram Valley.

Either way…it sounds to me like you just lost a race and are looking for something to blame. It would not surprise me if like 3 people used the back door…but the average Horde has no idea how to use it. And then the other 37 people ran across the bridge. That would be the faster and easier way to beat you in this scenario.

And if they all did try to use the back door, they took the longer and slower and harder path and still won.

3 Likes

Again, your reading comprehension is bad. How would I be the one watching base when I post my Hk/death? Now, you can posit that the people we left in base were not watching well, sure. That could be the case. I can only go off their word and what they said though.

Also saying the average Horde doesn’t know how to back door seems like a heck of a stretch. It isn’t hard or unknown.

1 Like

Don’t bother man, read how he is in other threads and save yourself sometime.

2 Likes

No, its not. But it takes practice. And in the current day-and-age of AV the average Horde has no need to use it.

When i say “you” I am using it as a general term for “you as the Alliance.” that seems pretty obvious in context, but you do seem eager to insult. But you personally didn’t even see them back-dooring though and are just believing what they said.

To me, it just seems far…far more likely that if you didn’t have anyone defending, it would be easier and faster for the Horde to just go across the bridge.

2 Likes

We’re talking /shrug. I am not insulting him or putting him down or anything.

A sea lion gonna sea lion.

Using “you” to refer to Alliance in general when speaking directly to someone is a bad choice of wording to be honest. It is not clear because there were other times where you were making a statement despite the information already given.

2 Likes

this is all you really came to say but you added this majestic fight scene attached to it.

if wow doesn’t work out for you then id really consider going into writing.

1 Like

Context seems important. And reading “back door not fair rreeeeee” seems boring.

5 Likes

It must be exhausting to just assume everyone is acting in bad-faith all the time. I guess that is easier than taking me at face value /shrug.

1 Like

I was not assuming you were acting in bad faith. I never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance. Most people are not good writers or even realize they are not actually being clear with what they say.

2 Likes

Not you, i was replying to the guy who said i was sea-lioning. You’re taking me at face value and I do appreciate that.

1 Like

This is fair, Forgive me if I was unclear.

1 Like

Oh it is fine. Most people write as they think and because THEY knew what they meant by a pronoun they assume others will. It is a habit 99% of people have.

1 Like

Yup, English is an awful language when it comes to those things.

OP it was your attitude, that is why you lost. It’s why the Alliance always loses AV.

NOTHING ELSE.

You really can’t trade IB for SH unless you do it far ahead of the other team. You have to keep some force at SH to delay them from taking it, once you exchange it’s a race and you need to be ahead.

That’s part of the problem, it’s much easier to defend IBGY than SHGY so often the race is won by the horde at that point. You need to risk it at IBGY and send back maybe 20 to delay their offense. And do nothing at IBGY but sit back a bit and AOE the flag. Do not sit on it, just have mages blizzard it and hunters trap it. The goal is to slow the enemy and prevent them from taking it back. Once it caps you kill them and push on.

Once IBGY caps everyone should go 100% offense. Leave 15 or so at IBGY to hold it and the rest rush the RH. Take it before any of the enemy can recall. Defend it with 25 people.

It’s tricky because if the horde team all return to take IBGY then alliance need to do the same to SHGY. Reset and try again. Trying to take the RH without a southern GY is very difficult. You might be able to do it with nearly all 40 people at the RH but attrition can leave you without enough people to stand there. No one should tap out, try to rez them.

I agree with this. It doesn’t get talked about a lot but FWGY is probably the worst graveyard on the map and isn’t worth losing the time to cap. It would have probably been better to have just skipped it and ran right to the RH.

Na, our attitude was great. The match was actually fun and we ended with more objectives and honor than Horde for the first time in months. We also forced them to win as fast as they could makes 136HKs with objective honor not a bad honor game for the time spent.

3 Likes