Hacks are getting ridiculous. It's ruining my enjoyment of the game

So there are literally people teleporting to black lotus nodes. Earlier I saw a bot in skull rock harvesting all of the ghost mushrooms (he literally would walk around the cave, harvest them, and then walk to the exact spot he was before. He even looked in the same direction upon returning to the spot). This is something I would expect of a private server, not an official Blizzard server. I’ve seen threads about innocent players getting banned for suspicious activity yet a person can teleport to Winterspring from Stormwind for weeks on end and not have issues. Black Lotus values have tanked on my server. I am at the point where I don’t even care about farming herbs because I realize that bots will gather most of them. There needs to be a team of GMs that goes invisible around players and monitors them if they are acting suspicious.

For $15 a month, I at least expect protection against cheats. I’ve literally seen a video of a person testing anticheat on private servers, and most of them had far better anticheat than Classic does.

11 Likes

Absolutely agree.

2 Likes

theres fly hack, thats been going on for 3 months. i still see the dude in zg same guy… this feels like diablo 2 before they patched the duping and hacking. only difference is, i played LoD east for free… i pay 15 for this… bizaar

3 Likes

PTSD

1 Like

Allowing bots to fly through walls in Dire Maul and teleport + take the black lotus is crashing those economies which some people think is good. The problem is its actually punishing legitimate players like me who actually farm for the ability to trade gold for consumes and crafted gear. All these systems are connected and when you ruin the best farms in the game it sends more people flooding to the next best thing and it becomes increasingly hard for the NORMAL ACTIVE PAYING PLAYER BASE to actually make enough gold to properly play the game.

Three mongoose pots is equal to one arcane crystal on my server. You know how absolutely insane that is?

2 Likes

You realize that this is legit, right?

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18984/dimensional-ripper-everlook

1 Like

bot user detected, low-key trying to deflect

2 Likes

Yeah, no. But whatever helps you feel better.

If the teleporting to Winterspring is something other than the Dimensional Ripper, then clearly that is cheating and should be ban-worthy. As described, though…well, there is a perfectly valid, in-game mechanism for doing that.

2 Likes

4 hour cooldown and their location changes to everlook not winterspring :crazy_face:

1 Like

Well. It’s basically a situation of both things being bad, so pick your poison.

Players forming mafias over certain mats and artificially raising the price beyond what supply and demand alone would dictate is just as toxic for the game as bots cheating.

But at least with the bots the mat prices drop to a reasonable level so I guess the bots are an easier poison to swallow tbh. I’ll choose bots over market manipulators any day of the week.

2 Likes

No there isnt. That would literally be impossible.

Players forming mafias over certain mats and artificially raising the price beyond what supply and demand alone would dictate is just as toxic for the game as bots cheating.

Na this is just reddit tier thinking from someone who probably raid logs and spends 5x more time on the forums compared to playing. Trying to explain to you why a small organized group of players controlling resources in the game is actually a good thing would go over your head anyway.

What mafias are still alive btw? How does that have anything to do with the points I was making when you can’t mafia lotus anymore?

Bots farming arcane on 20+ accounts on lockout and taking 80%+ of the BL via teleport hacking has far more repercussions than the scenario that you presented which is no longer valid.

The bots are pretty meh… fly hacking and teleporting - not acceptable.

Bots the average player still has a legit chance at beating to a node. Teleport hacks - yeah it’s impossible to find a single plaguebloom.

In my experience, the lack of plaguebloom is actually because people are leaving other herbs up instead of picking them.

Zones have a cap on herbs spawned. When you pick one, that space will then be used to respawn whatever until the zone is full, as long as respawn timers are available.

Just like how questing areas often get overrun by the wrong mob type, so too do zones get overrun by the wrong herbs. As do fishing spots. Because people cherry pick only the ones they want, and over time this leads to an extinction of that type until someone or a group of people finally decide to pick everything to reset the balance.

If you want the herbs, you have to pick EVERYTHING. I get it, nobody wants Arthas tears. But if you don’t pick them, plaguebloom can’t spawn.

I was herbing in Burning Steppes and stopped to pick a sungrass (which I don’t often do) and once it was picked a BL showed up on my mini-map. Could have just been good timing but worked out well for me :smiley:

2 Likes

Sometimes luck be like that!

Don’t worry, bro. DME RTV spawns got nerfed in an effort to combat botting. As everyone knows, the best way to solve a problem is by ignoring the direct cause of the problem and making changes that negatively impacts everyone else.

Just trust in Blizzard, bro. They know what they’re doing.

1 Like

Not surprising that a game environment & economy run by players becomes a virtual reflection of all the corruption & greed that runs amok in our real world & is dragging down society/civilization. I guess Blizzard chooses to let it run wild, just like everyone does in real life apparently.

1 Like