(H) Where has the community gone?

I left at the beginning of BfA, as IRL fell apart and the world kept turning. At the time of leaving, I was fairly connected to the pulse of the community. I’d been on WrA for about four years after coming from Twisting Nether. I loved WrA from the get-go. It’s definitely my chosen home-server.

Now, returning in the last month, I’ve been playing basically completely alone. I RP out in the overworld and often times in dungeons or solo raids as well, usually though it’s individual-driven and is still not as engaging as it could be. I’ve met a few through walk ups, but mostly individuals also separated from the community.

So, I guess… where are the guilds? Where are the activities posted and coordinated? Where are people gathering now? I so badly miss having a role play centric WoW family, and am not finding it anywhere.

I’ve got a good decade of RP experience, I enjoy telling and contributing to large stories, and have a strong understanding of community cohesion and How Not To Be A Dick. I also happen to be bedrest disabled and am on almost all day, so gameplay hours or time zones don’t matter. I’m good people looking for good people. Where you at.

Take a look at this thread for a list of guilds and community events: WrA Information & Directories (Guilds | Communities | Events) - #149 by Rudaba-wyrmrest-accord

I’m not sure exactly where you’re looking but the Horde RP community is one of the most active and engaging on this game, and probably one of the last.

Orgrimmar is your best bet for random walk up RP but there are a lot of guilds and events that happen elsewhere.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Gey’rah said it best. You might need to do as I did some months ago and flip over some rocks, but it’s there.

Its basically the doldrums at the end of an expansion. Not just that but a mostly disliked expansion that’s looking at a substantial content drought.

The community is there but you gotta do some digging.

1 Like

I’m having a lot of trouble navigating that linked page. I went through it a couple times but it seemed dead ended or broken. User error? Is there more that I was missing?

Everything works for me. It’s stickied on this forum though, so you could probably just navigate there yourself.

Greyah you’ve almost been promoted to Mag’har leader, how does this make you feel?

3 Likes

Thank you for this honor I will lead them well

4 Likes

Here, now drink N’zoth’s blood.

2 Likes

Where have all the good guilds gone

And where is all the fun?

Where are all the story lines the comunity use to run?

I wanna be a paladin blessed with holy might

Or maybe an orc warlock

Heart blacker than the night.

I need rp’ers!

6 Likes

You’re such a nerd. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah he is lmao.

I’m sorry to say, but a lot of communities are diminished owing to this being the end of an extremely unpopular expansion. But GreyArm is right, the Horde RP is still strong here. You might just have to resort to interesting methods to find it.

1 Like

The community is there. They’re just either scattered or taking time to spend with their guilds :slight_smile: Some are separated though, due to… really weird reasons that WRA is notorious for, but they’re there. The forums tend to not be the place WRA people advertise heavily. I’d go on searching for Discords and tumblr and twitter threads, or pay attention to Trade chat and /yells.

I accept your statement not as insult but as valid recognition among my peers. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I’m sorry to say, but a lot of communities are diminished owing to this being the end of an extremely unpopular expansion

Enekie nailed it, a lot of the main storyline for WoW left a bitter taste ICly for a lot of characters and OOCly as well. I know I personally struggle to RP my Forsaken now and they were my main characters for RP. There is a lot of events though and multiple ones coming up :slight_smile: I recommend checking them out.

Gone to the gutter, sadly.

My personal experience/view:
The community died around the time you left. It wasn’t fun to be Horde anymore unless you just focused on the Zandalari story and ignored the faction war.
That said, I have noticed a recent resurgence. A lot of guilds I thought dead from WoD and Legion have begun to resurface. Even before the Corona isolation I started seeing some of them reappear.
In my personal opinion, people checked out for BfA’s story and are back because it’s ended now (mostly).

1 Like

It seems like Orgrimmar is hopping and my edgelord guild is doing pretty good. By most estimates I am seeing it looks like this expansion is going to be here till at least late fall and that is what worries me. I don’t think that there’s enough there to carry interest to summer let far alone the end of the year. The cancellation of 8.3.5 really means we got nothing till the pre-patch and while I do enjoy 8.3 and I am having fun with the RP I just don’t see my interest or anyone else’s lasting.

This Friday, there’s a rave going down in Tol Barad, a meeting of the War Council for cross-faction RPPVP events. Saturday has been designated by several groups for RP in Silvermoon, and in Shattrath, there’s going to be a cross faction/cross server comedy night.

The World’s End Faire and Crown of the World festivals ended the other week, as did the Gilded Market. Deathday, the Shadowforge Spring Craft event, Spring Kosh’harg, and other events are coming up this month.

And there’s a semi-regular fighting tournament that takes place in Orgrimmar. And the story circle in Thunderbluff.

There’s a lot of stuff going on in game, but because its all in general/say/guild/party chat, on guild calendars, and the like. You won’t hear it unless you’re in the right circles. The forums are a place to advertise, but without stickies and regular bumps, you have to compete with all the other discussions bumping your thread advertisements down to the bottom.

So people are turning increasingly to Discord, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.

Some other places you might want to check out.

https://wrahordeevents.tumblr.com/

And if you’re a Goblin…

It can be rough coming back into the game because many of your old contacts and social circles have dissolved or moved on. But others have definitely moved in to fill their spots.

1 Like