[H] <Something Wicked> A Casual Social Guild

<Something Wicked> is a relatively new Horde guild that epitomizes the word “casual.” More so than most, we’re looking to form a tightly-knit group of friends who like chatting with each other, who are willing to help out whenever and however we can, and who are generally just a bunch of fun-loving people looking to enjoy the game with each other even if we approach it at our own individual pace.

With that out of the way, I still have no freaking idea how to write a compelling guild advertisement. So instead I’ll be taking questions from this disturbingly morose-looking puppet I cobbled together using an old tube sock and a couple of squished jelly beans I found under the sofa. Mostly because I’m kind of scared not to now. The look in his eyes, man… the look in his scrumptious-looking eyes… <ahem> Anyway, let’s begin.

What are your minimum requirements for joining?

A pulse and a sense of humor. And that first requirement is more of a suggestion than anything else. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we fully support our Forsaken comrades despite the horrific tragedy of Teldrassil.

Seriously though, we truly don’t give two whits about what your character is capable of. We’re looking for people who are comfortable to be around and who are willing to go the distance in forming long-lasting friendships both in and out of the game. A good chunk of the folks who are currently in the guild are on the older (40+) side of the age spectrum, but even that doesn’t really matter to us. Couples are certainly welcome, as are old friends from another guild that’s disbanded for whatever reason. Shoot, even if today is your first time playing the game we’ll welcome you with open arms, so don’t be afraid to approach us about joining!

I will, however, be giving a hard no to any Dutch players. “Why,” you may ask? Those cabbage-smelling, small-handed degens know what they did! <squints while shaking his fist angrily> Well, okay, we’ll totally invite them to join, too. But I’ll be keeping my eye on them and their sexy, sexy accents. <squints even harder as a tumbleweed rolls by>

What about raids, mythic dungeons, and all that sort of thing?

Sure, we have fun doing that sort of stuff when we can scrap a group together! It’s not our primary focus as a guild though, and we’re certainly not big enough (yet!) to support organized teams or any of that other hullabaloo.

That said, we have grown enough that we’ve started dabbling in raiding on a regular basis. As alluded to before, we’re not hardcore or anything, but we’ve been having a blast hanging out, messing around with each other, and doing our best to kill whatever we can. Our colossal failures have been the most humorous part of the whole experience, though we haven’t been doing bad at all—much to everyone’s surprise!

If it’s important to you, our raid nights at the time of this writing are Tuesday and Saturday nights at 9:00pm server (Eastern) time and we play for about two hours or so before calling it a night. We’re pretty fluid about that, though, and any or all of that may change depending on the needs and wants of everyone involved.

Mythic dungeons are more of a whenever-we-have-enough-people-who-want-to-knock-some-out sort of dealio, but that’s our general philosophy when it comes to most things, honestly. Don’t be hesitant to try and form your own groups, either!

That said, and I feel it really needs to be emphasized: The one thing we will never, ever be is a progression guild. We don’t care about world firsts, having BiS gear, or stressing out over DPS meters. As long as you’re having fun and doing the best you can, and you’re willing to help others out and/or accept help from those who are doing a bit better than you are, we’ll gladly take you along with us in everything we do. Games are about having fun, dammit, and that’s what we aim to do regardless of how twisted the community (and, sadly, the developers) have made this particular game in recent years.

And what’s the PVP situation?

As a guild, we don’t have any real aspirations here.

However, we do have a small contingent of players who like running around causing trouble in War Mode, and every now and again we do battlegrounds and things like that as a group. I don’t think we have any arena players at the moment, but if enough people are interested we’ll 100% support them if they want to form a cohesive group for that sort of thing.

All we ask is that you not expect much from those of us who aren’t very good at beating up other players. I mean, my personal PVP strategy is to scream like a little girl while randomly smashing buttons, so that should give you some idea of what to expect from me!

So in summation, we are not a PVP-centric guild in the slightest, nor do we ever expect to become one. But if that’s what you enjoy, we’ll do what we can to help!

40 Likes

All right, surely you must have some rules?

First, quit calling me Shirely you miserable twerp. <glares at his own sock puppet>

Second, it’d be more fair to refer to what we have as guidelines rather than hard rules. For example, while no one likes cliques, people are obviously going to prefer hanging out with certain folks more than others. All we ask is that you at least try to be inclusive from time to time. See if anyone wants to join you if you’re going on a transmog run or queuing up for a battleground. Ask if anybody wants to hang out with you while you level some Alliance characters to unlock an allied race. Are you bored and want to do something silly like see how long you can survive after dashing into Stormwind’s auction house? Well, don’t just go at it alone, turn it into a competition and see if anyone wants to be just as goofy!

In the end, all we really ask is that you do your best and keep an open mind about everything. Don’t be a dooker in the ooker, but be able to take (often times overwhelming amounts of) teasing in the loving spirit in which it’s offered; and in the same vein, don’t be afraid to dish it out yourself in the same spirit. And, most importantly, always remember that we’re all friends here and we hope to be for a long, long time!

Cool, you’ve convinced me you son of a biscuit. How do I get in touch with you?

The easiest way is probably in-game. My battle.net tag is Bones#11631, so feel free to hunt me down like the dog I am. If you’re shy about sharing your own tag, you can always add my main characters Rezarion and Orkus to your friends list instead. If after some time you still haven’t managed to find me despite your best efforts, you can always try using /who Something Wicked to look for other guildies who might be online and ask around. There’s no need to be shy, we all want to meet new people after all!

The absolutely worst place to find me, however, is on this forum. I rarely ever come here, and doubt I will in the future other than to check up on this thread every once in a blue moon.

Regardless, once we do get in touch with each other we’ll banter back and forth a little bit to see if we get along, I’ll do my best to answer any questions you may have, and if things work out, then bing bang boom, that’ll be that!

Last but not least—and this is very important to me personally—but if things don’t work out between us you’re always free to leave. There will be zero hard feelings, I can assure you of that! In contrast, there might be times where it becomes obvious to me that we (and I’m using the royal we here) aren’t a good fit. In those situations, I’ll do everything I can to talk to you in private to see if we can reconcile our differences, but if not I may have to make the hard choice of asking you to leave the guild. I loathe that idea more than you know, but as a pointy-eared logician once said, “the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” Who knew you’d get a taste of utilitarianism philosophy in a guild ad, am I right?

Anything else you want to share, you long-winded buffoon?

Uhm. Oh, we have a Discord channel! Oh oh oh, and a tabard! Judging by the number of ads I see in-game mentioning that, it must be an important part of the sales pitch. So yeah, we totally have a tabard, man. I mean, sure, it’s pretty lackluster, no one ever wears it, and the graphics haven’t been updated since the game first went live, but we have one!

So, uh, yeah! <thumbs up> Here’s to hoping we can start making some fun memories together soon!

15 Likes

Fun Fact! Fun Fact! FUN FACT!

While on a recent expedition into the deadly jungles of the Echo Isles, the intrepid Harrison Jones encountered a tribe of local hunters singing a rather peculiar song around a campfire.

Big Tusks
by Rezarion - Thrall (with my most humble apologies to AC/DC)

"Well we’re clearly lower class; troll society
Thrall’s gift to Hordedom’s notoriety
And we always fill our jawline,
Our mouths are never small,
And all the lazy peons say we’ve got the biggest tusks of all.

“Oh I’ve got big tusks,
I’ve got big tusks,
And they’re such big tusks,
Vicious big tusks.
And he’s got big tusks,
And she’s got big tusks!”
<all the male trolls pop out of the bushes>
"But we’ve got the biggest, tusks of them all!

"Now some tusks are sharpened for hunting,
And some for mating rites,
But when they’re sharpened for battle
They’re the tusks that I like best.
And even after a prolonged fight,
Or burning down a giant tree,
It’s my belief that my big tusks should be bloody and quite the fright!

“I’ve got big tusks,
I’ve got big tusks,
And they’re such big tusks,
Vicious big tusks.
And he’s got big tusks,
And she’s got big tusks!”
<a time-traveling Garrosh pops out of nowhere and points to his shoulders>
“But I’ve got the biggests tusks of them all!”

25 Likes

If a Tauren stumbles into a shimmerweed field, it could be said that the steaks have never been higher!

5 Likes

If a Forsaken chick goes to reclaim that PVP town in old Nagrand from the Alliance, that officially makes her a Halaa Back Ghoul.

12 Likes

If a gnomish engineer is asked to run to the store to pick up a loaf of bread and, if they have eggs, to get a dozen, chances are approximately 1,047,001,101 to 1 that the gnome will return with twelve loaves of bread and no eggs.

8 Likes

My mood ring is missing, and I don’t know how I feel about that.

14 Likes

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

11 Likes

I like cooking my family and my pets. Use commas, they save lives.

10 Likes

Still looking to add to the roster? I like the sales pitch btw!

Always. :smiley:

Just look me up online! I’ll probably be on Rezarion or Bonewalker today and tomorrow, if I’m on at all. :smiley:

1 Like

Scientifically, a raven has 17 primary wing feathers; the big ones at the end of the wing. A crow has 16. They are called pinion feathers. Thus, the difference between a crow and a raven is only a matter of a pinion.

14 Likes

My local zoo only has one exhibit on display, and it’s of a dog. It was a shih tzu.

6 Likes

Steve Irwin really should have worn sunblock; it protects from harmful rays.

6 Likes

Wow, you all sound like a fun guild. I’m a 40+ player with a healer priest LFG on Thrall! I’d love to chat. My battle tag is luvtheskins#1236. I’ll also look you up online.

1 Like

Right on, I’ll keep my eye out for you. :slight_smile:

very intrigued at this, I like the smaller guilds that just like to play together and be friends. seems everytime i find a guild like that it quickly becomes a raiding guild and I end up not seeing anyone except on raid nights. I’m a 42 year old mmo vet that just enjoys playing the game in all aspects. I don’t really raid though. I would be leveling a rogue from level 1 doing quests/dungeons/and random BG’s for fun. would love to chat with you about the guild :slight_smile:

My battletag is Bonebeast#11490, and of course I will try to contact you in game as well

1 Like

Look forward to hearing from you, man. :slight_smile:

I’ll toss you a friendly bump. I have a deep appreciation for this whole thread and its contents. It’s fun to find individuals on this server that think like I do. Thanks for the giggles!

2 Likes

Valentine’s Day Fun Fact! Fun Fact! FUN FACT!

I don’t have a girlfriend, but I know a girl that would get really mad if she heard me say that.

6 Likes