[H-RP] To Honor the Fallen: Postponed to 2021

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” - an unknown poet from Andorhol.

*actual quote by Thomas Campbell.

The wheel of time continues to turn. It ceases for nobody. For nothing. The cruel nature of fate weaves between the spokes of this wheel, consequently many suffer the “true death.” Long after one’s death, after their descendants, loved ones, and friends have passed on – after there is no-one to remember your name, you wither away - crushed beneath the wheel.

November 13th marks twelve years since the Horde sent the mightiest force that Azeroth had ever seen. This force was largely compromised of volunteers who sallied forth knowing that nobody else could. They were farmers, merchants, fathers, mothers. They were people, not soldiers. They sacrificed their lives to make sure future generations were given the freedom of life, of prosperity, and without fear of the undead.

Thousands fell to the might of the Scourge prior to any notion of going to the frozen wasteland. The Lich King unleashed his terrible powers upon the denizens of Azeroth not once, but twice, claiming the souls of all his evil touched. Fathers lost sons, mothers lost daughters, and entire families were wiped from Azeroth itself.

One year ago, on November 16th, an eve of solidarity commenced. To honor the fallen, to remember the forgotten, and to thank those who have given. In the Razor Hill Graveyard, the resting place of many of the Horde’s children, in the shadow of the birthplace of two rebellions that divided us further than ever before - to heal and bond. To commemorate the Fourth War, and largely, the wars before it.

This year, the Horde’s children come together to remember once more, to honor the fallen and pay their respects to those who had lost their lives during one of the most painful periods of Azeroth: The War of the North, the Wrath of the Lich King.

While their remains may be scattered across the boundaries of Northrend, we gather at Agmar’s Hammer to pay respects to the bodies recovered, and to remember those who may be forgotten.

Once again, the Horde will gather to honor the fallen and remember the forgotten. The date has been pushed earlier due to the impending OOC scourge invasion.

Depending on circumstances, the event may change, be rescheduled, or cancelled (due to aforementioned scourge invasion).

When:

Saturday, November 7th, 5PM server.

Where:

Agmar’s Hammer Graveyard

Hosted by:

The Vol’kar Legion and the Gor’Watha Warband.

Order of events:

• Opening Memorial speech,
  • Blessing to the fallen, the lost, captured, and forgotten,
  • Memorial speeches, prayers, or comments from volunteers (screened),
  • Final moment of silence.

Volunteered Speakers:

• Lohnosh Wraithcleave
  • To Be Filled

Speakers, remember: Your speech should be a memorial topic. This night is a somber, melancholic remembrance of those we lost, both still fresh in our minds and those that have been forgotten. You do not have to speak strictly on the Scourge, the Lich King, or Northrend, but remember those who have sacrificed all.

Note on this year’s speakers
Instead of racial volunteers, we have decided to allow anyone who wishes to speak. We will have a soft-capped maximum (will be edited later) once we have a good idea of how many people wish to speak. Please have your speeches pre-typed, we will not let speakers attend with on-the-fly or rambling tangents. This is done in respect to time constraints.

7 Likes

Hello everyone- discussion can be found here for previous topics and more or less ‘what lead us here’. This event will be co-hosted by myself and Taz’jin. Those that wish to speak or assist in any way must contact either myself or Taz’jin.

We are lifting the limit of speakers this year, as noted, so don’t worry about missing a spot or being limited.

Speakers have a deadline of:

November 5th

to request a spot and have their speeches ready! Simply make a request here. Speech order will be organized in ‘first come, first serve’.

We will not allow spontaneous speakers in essence of time.

Finally, we decided upon the WoTLK theme due to where Shadowlands is taking the adventurers of Azeroth, and how it affects us denizens! It would be silly not to have some sort of ‘hearkening back’ to Northrend when the expansion focuses on the afterlife!

If it wasn’t made clear enough:

We will not be acknowledging any sort of scourge invasion or ‘broken veil’ at this time.

5 Likes

Already put it on the calendar! Looking forward to this.

3 Likes

Really looking forward to this!

1 Like

Giving another bump because it was posted on a pretty slow hour of a slow day!

Fantastic. I am putting it on our guild calendar now.

I would also be honored for Taz to give the opening blessing, both as a shadow hunter of Bwonsamdi, and as a veteran of Northrend himself.

1 Like

Putting it on our guild calendar as well!

1 Like

Another bump! I hope to see a lot of your updated beautiful faces at the event!

Troubling news due to the cinematic, the change of NPCs in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, and the www.worldofwarcraft.com having new .gifs . . .

Will have more to say next Tuesday- somewhat holding my breath because I am worried about Zombies coming too soon.

Blizzard seems to be hot/cold on the Scourge invasion. Teases and rumors for this Tuesday, then nothing. I don’t think it could be next Tuesday because of Halloween, but it could very well be that first week of November…

1 Like

To possibly nobody’s surprise, Taz’jin and I have had the discussion at length, and I have asked several guilds that are currently interested in, and previously interested, about the event & the juxtaposition of the zombies. In short, we are going to go back to the original idea of cancelling / postponing To Honor the Fallen (for this year).

Essentially: if it weren’t for the cinematic that was posted, which was undoubtedly meant for when the zombie invasion, many guilds wouldn’t be knee-deep in their pre-SL campaigns. It also doesn’t help that they tease the invasion on their website and social media posts.

This could simply be solved by pretending the event is earlier in the year, among other things, but now the current rumor on mmo-c is they’re wanting to flip the switch for Halloween. Which isn’t entirely unbelievable. The “sudden death” state of the event makes planning anything weeks ahead an anxiety-riddled scenario. In all of the circles I’m personally in, I’ve seen people wait for Tuesday to see if that’s the week, or plan two versions of the event for contingency.

Long story short: we could do a lot, we could move it up a week, we could try and defend, we could act nonchalant… it’s just not worth it. I was hopelessly optimistic earlier this month but I don’t want to be delusional ( or as some say “annoying” :stuck_out_tongue: )

Thank you for your support and input! Here’s to next year.

2 Likes