[H-RP] <Steelrune Company>

The fighter relies on strength. The scholar relies on knowledge. The wise do not choose.

They say that opposites attract. Maybe that’s not quite the case, but they certainly can work well together. That’s what a hotheaded exile-turned mercenary and a calculating magister discovered when fate forced them to rely on one another. From the strength of one, and the wit of the other, the Steelrune Company was born.

Basic IC Info

These mercenaries and intellectuals are dichotomous, and on the surface may seem polarized. But beneath that lies a symbiosis that can confound and perhaps amuse outsiders. Mercenaries within the company are always armed with knowledge and magical skill provided by their scholar counterparts. Scholars and magic users always have a strong arm or swift leg on hand to assist in their projects and research. Through this duality, success and efficiency are achieved on levels of which other sellsword and mercenary groups can only dream.

Code of Honor

There is a code of honor that all Company members must adhere to, or be cast out – short and to the point, if not always clear-cut.

• Bring no harm to the innocent.

• There is no tolerance for betrayal – against the Company, or our clients.

• Always temper your strength with wisdom, and your wisdom with strength.

Event Info

We will be hosting a plethora of odd-job events, ranging from monster-hunting, to fighting off small armies! However, we will also engage in longer story arcs from time to time. These may coincide with current game lore, or not, depending on how well the current story fits our guild’s narrative. We also have a roll system co-created by both guild leaders, designed to be both engaging and simple, while allowing for in-depth creativity.

PvE Info

We plan on getting together some people for mythic+ runs, and maybe even some raiding – though it’s unlikely we’ll try to push past normals.

OOC/Other Info

The guild came about when two friends with very opposite characters resolved to create a guild together which could encompass a large swatch of character types, while still making sense within storytelling and lore contexts. We are committed to providing a fun, encouraging atmosphere, built on supporting one another and forming friendships.

Rules and Expectations of Members

Be Respectful

• Whether you’re at a guild event or elsewhere, with guildies or alone, you wear our name and your behavior reflects on us. Represent us well.
  • Treat others politely, both within the guild and without, and whether they return the favor or not. Be the bigger person and either respond graciously, or don’t respond at all. Never make OOC threats against another person.
  • We are not here to mock or police other players’ character concepts or lore compliance. If you don’t like someone’s RP choices, that’s fine, but do not offer unsolicited advice, nor insult or belittle them, either to their face or behind their back.
  • Do not grief others’ RP or questing with spam, toys, putting mounts in the way or jumping around, ganking lowbies or questgivers, etc.
  • Don’t use slurs or derogatory language, or post disparaging jokes or commentary. It doesn’t matter who uses a given word, or who it’s directed at – such language is unacceptable.
  • Disagreement is fine, but heated arguments are not. Avoid contentious topics such as real-world politics and religion. Respect that everyone has the right to make their own choices, and we don’t always have to agree to peacefully coexist.
  • Do not make unwanted sexual advances or send unsolicited or illegal adult material to another player. Do not expose a player to adult material who is or may be a minor.

Keep our guild chat and Discord (reasonably) clean.

• We don’t tend to walk on eggshells, but we don’t care to swing wildly in the opposite direction either. Swear like you’re in mostly-polite company, and as said above, do not use derogatory language.
  • Don’t post NSFW images, pictures of gore, or other explicit/adult content in any of our guild communication channels (including in-game chat and Discord).
  • Definitely don’t post something that you know is going to upset another member, for laughs or otherwise.

And use common sense.
We can’t predict every form of problematic behavior that could ever exist. Do your best to be good to others, and when a GM or an officer makes a call, respect it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or contact either Kelarion or Korrgosh in-game! We hope to count you among us!

5 Likes

Kel and I are both very excited to have started this and we look forward to all the adventures ahead! I hope to have some of you with us :smiley:

2 Likes

When recruiting, in-game “face to face” meetings can help a great deal. You might want to mention what days and times are best for contacting the leadership, and who beyond the co-leaders Kelarion and Korrgosh would be good people to contact.

Sure!

I’m on EST, and typically will be on every night, around 3:30 PM, or shortly after. Kelarion is on about the same? We both play (or are logged in) a fair amount, so you have a good chance of reaching us if you log in.

I also have no problem giving out my personal Discord for anyone who wants to contact me directly: Rhadgar#9799

I’m on Pacific/server time, but I do often have a similar schedule. If I’m busy in the afternoon, though, then I’ll usually be online by about 5pm server instead. My Discord tag is Dath#6053.

Also!

This Thursday the 6th, at 6:00pm server time, we’ll be holding open interviews to ICly introduce our new members, in the empty shop near the Brawl’gar Arena. Anyone interested in checking us out is welcome to drop in too, so simply come by, or contact us for a calendar invite.

1 Like

Yes! Come on down and see if you’ve got what it takes to be in Steelrune! We hope to see a few people there!

Interviews open tonight! We have a handful of people coming but we have room for more! If you’re interested in being a part of a fun, adventure based dynamic with room for just about any character, come on over!

Tonight at 6 PM server time!

1 Like

Looking forward to meeting people IC tonight at the recruitment drive.

And if you’re a spellcaster with an interest in researching fel and/or void purification, allow Runa’the to personally invite you out to meet with the Company for employment. He has zero authority to do so but he’d love to meet you anyway.

2 Likes

i just…
dang, am i slow, i just literally now realised it’s YOU TWO
i am indeed a genius and unfit to play a mage

2 Likes

Our event tonight started with trying to find out who was sabotaging pig farms in Durotar.

It ended with a blood elf mage named Anathillion opening two portals in an endless loop, catching a pig in it, and then shooting the pig at a bad guy at about 500 miles per hour.

Sufficed to say, when you join our Company, you’ll never be bored.

4 Likes

I’m now intrigued on the damage of being hit by a pig at 500 miles per hour xD

I’d totally join your guild if the character I’m posting on is more developed… x3

4 Likes

Whenever you’re ready, keep us in mind!

You never know when the next portal pig will arise.

3 Likes

I’m in the process of leveling and figuring out a new character that I know I’ll enjoy RPing on. I just can’t figure out the character I’m posting on at all x3

2 Likes

By the way! I sent you an in-game letter since I’ve been busy with IRL and I haven’t been able to get on nearly as much in the past few days.

Thank you! Just replied, and I included my Discord tag for ya.

You both seem very polite and nice! I’m currently exploring some options for Periel for active guilds (Since I’m currently in denial/a dead guild) - I’m just unsure if he’d be the proper fit. Here is a little blurb:

He has strayed away from most society for quite some time, only going into town for supplies and to meet contacts for odd-jobs, tracking, and very rarely assassination gigs, although he doesn’t like to have blood on his hands, he prefers to hand over his “hits” off to the client for them to do as they wish.

He is an expert tracker and bow marksman - a survivalist at heart. He left behind his family, forsaking his birthright into politics in Silvermoon, for a life of adventure and solidarity. Now seeking to expand his surroundings, he is attempting to find purpose with his sunfur panda companion, Jin, at his side.

Let me know if this would be a good fit! Good luck with recruitment! If you’d like to have me for an IC interview, I’m on PST - usually on around 6-6:30 server til’ 10pm and then most of the day on Friday and Saturday unless the wife and I have plans :slight_smile: Been into RP for most of my life with tabletop/pathfinder and been playing WoW for a little over a year here on WrA. I’m very flexible with this toon as he is still budding story-wise.

2 Likes

It’s interesting you mention this. Most of our jobs are less straightforward than just fighting the opposing army/group of the week. Usually with our jobs, there’s some mystery to be solved, and tracking can be a big part of that. Your guy would probably have some nice roll bonuses when we’re searching for things too! I think he’d make a nice addition. I’ll be on tonight if you’d like to hit me up! Probably by at least 4:30 server time.

1 Like

Sounds great! Now I’ll have something to look forward to when I get home from work besides just grinding through Draenor Loremaster content haha I love solving mysteries, combat will be new-ish (everyone does something different!) but since you guys have a different system, I’m excited to learn it. On a different subject, is there any add-ons you prefer to use for the guild? I use TRP, Listener, Elephant, Cross-RP for dialogue but any combat add-ons I should download such as dicemaster? Or do you use in game rolls? I have no preference either way! Just like to know what I’d be getting into!

TRP, and we’re looking at using Dicemaster for events.

1 Like