(H)[RP/PVP/PVE] Defilers of Arathor

“We’ve been cast out!” The High Executor shouted to the gathering of Forsaken within the newly fortified walls of Hammerfall, “Forced to flee across the fields like mere mice!” Caldrice Sullivan’s pallid features darkened into a scowl – revealing fetid, yellowed teeth – his wretched blade pointing towards Stromgarde, “They seek to reclaim these lands. Land that never lost its original inhabitants – they seek to REPLACE the Forsaken!” Focusing on the crowed, he’d gesture broadly towards the mottled faces reflecting the varying stages of decomposition, “Through the false veil of reunion, they have come and nestled themselves into Stromgarde right under our noses amidst the chaos!"

He'd shake his head, rubbing the worn, yellowed surface of his blade with skeletal fingers, "We'll strike in a few days time - and drive them out across the seas. Then they'll understand that they were correct about one thing.” The Lightslayer paused, the stoic faces of the crowd curling their rotted lips upward in a wicked grin, “We’re not Human.”

We’re so much more.

The Function of Defilers

PvP

Defilers of Arathor has participated in World PvP in the many years we have been around. We continue to participate as a solid unit structure. This means we fight together constantly, to create a better unit. This includes RBGS, which we look forward to pushing during the expansion.

PvE

Defilers of Arathor has begun to sink its teeth into more mythic dungeons and raiding as of late. We believe it is important to have something outside of WPvP and RP to fall back on.

Our weekly raid nights are Friday and Saturday at 6pm server.

RP

Defilers of Arathor has a heavy focus on Undead RP and the Northern Eastern Kingdoms. We are a militaristic Forsaken guild, though we often extend beyond the military aspect. It provides a solid structure and building point for our RP.
1 Like
Organizations

Royal Apothecaries (R.A.S)

Masters of potions and alchemical concoctions, the mysterious and often sardonic apothecaries revel in their creations. From the masterpieces of flesh and bone that are the abominations, to the skin melting plague, neither life nor death is beyond the grasp of the resourceful and inventive, Apothecaries.

Deathstalkers

Stalking streets and shadows, the deadly assassins of the Deathstalkers aim only to complete their mission. The masters of steath look to gain an advantage for the Defilers of Arathor, taking up the task of breaking into camps and cities to place deadly plague from the Apothecaries or taking out targets before a battle begins.

Dreadguard

Though relatively physically weak in comparison to their living counterparts, the Forsaken are a Strong unified force. It is in this unification that the Defilers of Arathor draw their strength. In lockstep and unified shield walls the Defilers drive themselves into their foe or let them break upon their shield walls. Through extraordinary discipline, the Undead of Arathor are able to hold the line against unfavorable odds.

The Defilers prefered tactic of fighting is to feign retreat, spreading their enemy thin. Arrows and bullets fly from behind a slowly retreating shield wall. As the enemy pushes forward their perceived advantage, heavily armored Dreadknights crash in to their flanks dividing their increasingly dispersed forces.

The Ignaeus Guard

The Ignaeus Guard is the elite body guard and champions of the High Executor. They sit in councils and war meetings within the Council of the Defiled, providing military advice. They have the authority to lead battles and operations. They act as a deterrent to any who might look to over throw the leadership.

Betrayals of the past have caused devastation in the Defilers and The Ignaeus Guard itself. They are now forced to take an oath, preventing them from speaking to anyone who is not a superior. The effect is lifted, when they are inducting new members into the Defilers to take their oaths. As well, when they are in command of a battle. The nature of the oath is unknown, but it is rumored a powerful necromancer from the Scourge was imprisoned by the Defilers, and forced to assist in its creation.

Cult of Forgotten Shadows

The Cult is a powerful order within the Defilers. In times past, they have been known to hold more power than the High Executor within the Defilers. They live by the principles laid down by the cult worshiping the power of the shadow.
Ranks

Trooper

As a trooper you have been newly risen or have recently joined the ranks of the Defilers. A foot soldier in the Defilers, you like all those before you, must spend your time in the mud. Gathering supplies, grabbing horses, and general labor these are the jobs of a Trooper. Soon you will be on your way to your organization, where your skills can be put to good use, if you are not returned to the grave in the fighting.

Captain

Captains are leaders of organizations, in charge of field operations and day to day task of an organization.

Lieutenant Executor

As a Lieutenant Executor you are the second in command to Executor's in an organization. Tasked to hand out quest, missions and other things to the Defilers. In other words, you create mini events for others in your organizations. You will be assigned to a zone, that we hold some control of in the story. There you will run the story, handing out quests and leading events.

Executor

The High Executor's handpicked advisers, these are people of influence, great battle skill, and wisdom. As the High Executor cannot be everywhere at once, the Executors act as an extension of his will.

How to move up in the Ranks

Trooper

In order to move out of the rank of Trooper and join an organization, you will need a few things.

A transmog of Blue matching the Undercity Tabard.

A transmog of Green matching the guild tabard or Battle Tabard of the Defilers.

Green Skeletal Warhorse and Purple Skeletal Warhorse.

Undercity Banner - http://www.wowhead.com/item=45016/undercity-banner

Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher - Glory of the Icecrown Raider (25 player)

Enchanted Torch - Combat Pet (Provided by the Guild)

Further ranking is based on your organization.

Examples:

Dreadguard -> Dreadknight

Junior Apothecary -> Apothecary -> High Apothecary

Scout -> Deathstalker

Curious?

Check us out at: http://defilers-of-arathor.webflow.io/

I would like to thank Hremm for taking the time to set up the guild website - without him, it wouldn't have been possible.
This recruitment thread, as of 9/7/2018, will serve as the main one. The only significant change between the last thread, and this one, is that I have since acquired the GM position and would like to have the ability to edit the thread as need be.

Please direct any inquiries about potential inter-guild activities to myself at Caldrice#1822.
The shadows be...
And a Death to the Living to you, sir.
09/07/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Woolerholme
And a Death to the Living to you, sir.

Tips Tricorne

M'Woolerholme.
I wouldn't let my sister date any of these guys, but I'd walk into a raid or onto the battlefield with any one of them. Good lot. If you're forsaken, this is your home.
09/07/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Oroc
I wouldn't let my sister date any of these guys,

She'd probably just say that my mom's a bad cook anyway.
Excellent progress during tonight's raid, everyone!
Don't forget that we're resuming the raid tonight at 6PM server. Contact Ning if you have any questions.
On wards and up wards!
To Stromgarde's Glory we solemnly swore.
In light of the Warfront, we're hosting a story contest for the guild fairly soon! Feel free to place your submissions in the discord "RP Stories" Tab. Rewards for the top three are being determined at the moment, but we're considering mounts, companion pets, and a generous gold sum.
Goodluck to those whom win the Story Contest!
Saw you guys in VOH last night.
Guild info looks great. I wish you luck.
Rise!
We shall always Rise! or something along the lines of that.
Rise? Are we the Yeastfilers of Arathor now?

[Studio Applause] [Laugh Track]
09/14/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Caldrice
Rise? Are we the Yeastfilers of Arathor now?

[Studio Applause] [Laugh Track]

I always did like baking!